Account Manager - Medical
The role of Agency Account Manager within the Haymarket Medical team is an important role with a vital impact on the revenue potential of the department. You will be responsible for growing and managing the key six medical media buyers, as well as leading your team to generate new business from PR and medical comms agencies. You are responsible for ensuring maximum coverage for the agency accounts and maximising market share and revenue from these accounts, across websites/mobile, print, bespoke content solutions and eLearning. You are responsible for achieving set revenues and yields for your products and platforms for MIMS, MIMS.co.uk and GP online. Growing MIMS Learning education business from agencies is essential.
Account and Client Direction
- Professionally represent Haymarket Medical internally and externally
- Take complete responsibility for agency accounts and manage these day to day
- Work creatively and in a forward thinking manner to improve client service and sales
- Report to the Commercial Director on individual accounts, sales pipelines and any changes in Haymarket’s relationship with clients
- Work with the Commercial Director to ensure solutions to clients remain current and drive product development
- Responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly and yearly sales targets
- Sell advertising/sponsorship in print and online format to achieve/exceed budget
- Identify and prioritise sales opportunities for your accounts
- Monitor competitor journals and websites and drive increase in Haymarket market and revenue share
- Create engaging and appropriate client proposals and costings and create template slides which can be used by the medical sales team
- Be accountable for contribution as well as revenue for rich media ad sales
- Establish yourself as an integral part of your key account marketing teams and be able to demonstrate why Haymarket Medical should be their chosen supplier for a full range of medical education materials and effectively pitch and position all of our Haymarket Medical products
- Lead by example and inspire junior members on strong and successful management of key accounts
Key personal requirements
- Proven sales track record
- Proven track record of managing agencies
- Professional and well presented
- Self-motivated whilst being a team player and a respectful and respected team member
- Ambitious and target driven
- Good communicator, verbally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Accountable and responsible
- Ideal, but not essential, knowledge of the healthcare sector
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the dynamism, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with independence and integrity: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Haymarket is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community. Applications will be treated in strict confidence and information will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!