Digital Marketing Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Digital Marketing Manager to join our team based at either our London or Cosford site. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of circa £32,000 per annum (dependent on location).
The Royal Air Force Museum is a national museum, a Government non-departmental public body (NDPB) and a registered charity, with two sister sites at London and Cosford. RAF Museum Enterprises Ltd is the trading arm of the RAF Museum with all profits gift-aided to the Museum to support its charitable activities.
Our purpose is to share the RAF story, past, present and future - using the stories of its people and our collections in order to engage, inform and inspire everyone. Our overall vision is to inspire everyone with the RAF story – the people who shape it and its place in our lives.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Digital Marketing Manager will take lead responsibility for the development and roll out the Museum’s digital marketing strategy and eCommerce approach.
The Digital Marketing function is tasked to reach/exceed visitor targets, revenue and sales goals and other customer experience KPIs. This involves coordinating all digital marketing and acquisition activity across Paid Search, SEO, Social, Affiliates and Display, allocating budgets, and working closely with the Campaigns and Press teams to maximise efficiency in our digital marketing channels. With one direct report, the Digital Marketing Manager will also be responsible for the management, development, optimisation, and maintenance of the RAF Museum website, as well as other key eCommerce channels, such as our online shop and ticketing platform.
Key responsibilities of our Digital Marketing Manager include:
- Supporting the Head of Communications and Marketing in the development of the RAF Museum digital marketing and eCommerce strategy
- Setting and delivering on annual and quarterly digital brand engagement and revenue targets across all online acquisition channels responsible for PPC, SEO, Display, Social Paid and Affiliates, ensuring KPI’s are met
- Developing a digital marketing strategy in collaboration with the wider Marketing and Communications team to bring to life the Museum’s annual brand marketing objectives
- Developing and implementing a reporting infrastructure that summarises all of the key digital marketing and acquisition KPI’s across all digital channels
- Developing the new RAF Museum website in line with overall marketing objectives
- Effectively managing the new website, producing engaging content that aligns with our brand and optimises the sites digital performance and KPI’s
- Acting as a Digital and eCommerce stakeholder at selected internal and external groups
- Acting as lead marketing stakeholder in all aspects of marketing data compliance
What we are looking for in our ideal Digital Marketing Manager:
- Demonstrable and proven experience in a digital marketing-oriented role at a managerial level
- Demonstrable experience of digital campaign management
- The ability to confidently engage with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels, both internally and externally
- Demonstrable experience of managing social media channels
- The ability to flex approach to the different needs of competing work areas
- Experience of CRM and data analysis
- A straightforward communicator, demonstrating respect and acting with integrity and impartiality
- Open and inviting of the views of others and confident in constructively challenging views and proposals
- The ability to make decisions when needed even if they prove difficult or unpopular
- The ability to use specialist professional/technical expertise and operating knowledge to its fullest extent
Closing date for applications: 19th March 2021 at 12 noon
Interviews will take place on: 26th March 2021
Please click apply now to be re-directed to our jobs page where you can access the application method and details for the Digital Marketing Manager role. Join us in delivering our purpose and achieving our vision, ensuring that the Royal Air Force’s story continues to enrich and inspire current and future generations. We would love to hear from you.