Interim Marketing Director
Major Players are looking for an Interim Director of Marketing & Communications for a well-known entertainment venue. This is a 3 month Fixed Term Contract starting ASAP, so please only apply if you are immediately available.
The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for devising, implementing and reviewing the organisations Marketing and Communications strategy and activities.
The role works across the organisation to encourage innovative and creative activities to increase reach, drive revenue and manage our reputation.
- Create, deliver, monitor and review marketing, communication, and web strategies to deliver the mission and purpose of the organisation and delivers clear outputs for all operational areas.
- Ensure effective Crisis Communications plans are in place with a programme of training and awareness to ensure the processes and guidelines are followed when required.
- Ensure consistent brand delivery across all outputs so that our vision, purpose, mission and values are conveyed in our messages to our audiences, visitors, donors and other stakeholder groups.
- Anticipate the needs of the organisation and enable it to deliver effectively, now and in the future, by developing strategic initiatives alongside delivering operational requirements.
- Oversee all marketing and communication campaigns and activities across the organisation; undertaking research, evaluating impact and return on investment thorough effective measures. Including but not limited to, media purchase, print, design, digital, social and production for each area of operation.
- Effectively manage resources to meet the organisation's needs including;
- Providing clear direction to the Marketing and Communications team and colleagues across the organisation and to support them to achieve our strategic objectives
- Providing accurate and timely financial and budget information, selection and management of appropriate delivery mechanisms; channels, suppliers and agencies
- Preparing and presenting updates and reports on Marketing & Comms activity for the executive team and Boards and committees as required
- As a member of the Executive Leadership Team contribute effectively to organisation wide projects and operations. Ensuring effective relationships between different departments and teams championing our values and behaviours.
- Minimum of five years managing and motivating a Marketing team working directly with clients and stakeholders and ideally in a multidisciplinary organisation
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the hospitality, entertainment, leisure or live event industry
- Experience of creating and managing marketing campaigns including, tactical activity to drive sales (OOH, offline, online marketing, social and mobile media)
- Experience of working with a multitude of disciplines & managing them to work collaboratively in a non-line management situation
- Experience of successfully adapting to an organisation's needs, culture and operating practices
- Experience of planning and managing a departmental budget
- CIM qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working in a high-profile venue
- Experience of negotiating with suppliers
- Experience of managing high profile and / or national campaigns
- Understanding of the leisure, entertainment, events and heritage sectors
- An understanding of marketing and communication strategy and planning
- Effective analytical and numerical skills including the ability to work with statistical information
- Experience of writing for and presenting to a Board
- Ability to challenge current practices effectively
- Excellent writing ability in English, including copy writing, editing and proofing
- Ability to build and develop good working relationships internally and externally at both junior, senior executive and non-executive levels
- Highly customer focussed
- Good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise a busy workload for self and team
- A thorough understanding of marketing, communication, evaluation and research practice and principles
- Knowledge of print design and production
- Available to work some unsocial hours including bank holidays and weekends