Group Account Director - Digital Agency - Germany
Are you a talented and strategic Group Account Director with at least 8+ years experience in retail, trade, shopper or activation who is able to work in Germany?
DNA Recruit are working with an awarded digital, direct and CRM global network agency who are known as specialist for data-driven creativity - it is their DNA - redefining business challenges and fuel creative solutions. Their main headquarters is now based in Germany.
The Group Account Director must have at least 8+ years experience in retail, trade, shopper or activation, on and offline, and be familiar with these models to effectively work for both agencies and clients. Leading and growing the team in Germany, the Group Account Director will be integrating with other GADs to grow the business and develop and execute new business strategies to broaden the Agency's retail & trade offering to other agency and group clients as well as new clients in Northern Europe. Your responsibilities include:
- Managing a small team of five account handlers within a team of up to 14, and helping to shape and implement a vision
- Build client relationships and growth, leading new business pitches.
- Lead presentations & client meetings, preparing or signing off on presentation decks.
- Ensuring team effectively track the financial implications of work and alerting the client where necessary and ensuring approvals are in place before proceeding.
- Training and educating the accounts team on past and future trends in retail, understand key markets trade situation and how these impact their client's business
- Mentor and coach staff in taking independent action and leading by example
Is it you?
The Group Account Director must be a senior, effective account handler - with 8+ years experience - who is able to lead the agency relationship with their main leading client, FMCG and to cross-sell to other accounts.
- 8 years + in retail, trade, shopper or activation, on and offline and be familiar with the models for this capability for both agencies and clients.
- An effective client relationship builder and proven hunter of new business who is confident to lead new business pitches
- Is proactive in hunting for new business opportunities both with existing and new clients - knows how to sell the proposition externally.
- Able to deal effectively with client problems with a solution orientated approach.
- A confident & influential negotiator, internally and externally
- Strong attention to detail, organising and processing, proofing work, ownership of timelines/budget management and deliverables for a number of projects, often simultaneously.
Salary: 78,000 to 84,000 Euros per annum plus great bonus and benefits and lots more (cira up to £70K+)
For anyone who is interested in this role then please send Ali your CV via the "link" below to be considered. Ali can then get in touch with you should your skills and experience be what our client is looking for.