Stakeholder engagement consultant (Reporting)
Our client is one of the UK's leading independent corporate reporting agencies. They help all types of businesses - from large global organisations to FTSE small caps - to build greater confidence and trust with their investors and other key stakeholders. Our client is looking to hire a stakeholder engagement consultant.
The agency has a peerless depth of knowledge and experience devising and producing integrated reporting solutions. These combine best practice advice on strategy, creative and multi-channel delivery through annual reports and reviews, CR reports, online reports, investor presentations and corporate websites. The agency also has a strong consultancy offer which differentiates them from many of their competitors.
Candidates with agency or client side IR/Reporting experience should apply, this role is not relevant for candidates who have only worked in a Fund management or Investment management capacity.
Our clients objective is to be the pre-eminent awarding winning corporate reporting agency. The dedicated Research and Strategy Team helps them understand market developments within financial and non financial reporting both on and offline, defines and develops our offering and positions our company to take maximum advantage of the opportunities that exist in the marketplace.
Reporting into the Director of Research and Strategy, you will responsible for gathering and providing high quality market intelligence on corporate reporting policy, issues, news and trends, predominantly in the UK but increasingly across International markets. The market intelligence gathered will be used to evolve and develop the corporate reporting offering; to keep clients and account teams up to date with the latest developments in the marketplace and to frame and inform marketing activities designed to further enhance our reputation and generate new business enquiries from our target markets. The agency regularly publish's research reports and papers on the trends in reporting, which are widely read by the industry and commented on by both the national and trade press. This research helps to provide the agency with the knowledge and insight to frame and inform our advice to clients. A key part of this role is to work closely with the Director of Strategy and Research Team to identify and develop opportunities for research projects which will further the agencies understanding and help in the pursuit of demonstrating the business benefit of reporting. The Team is also commissioned by a blue-chip client base to provide consultancy services on best practice in financial and non financial reporting, both on and offline. This includes the development of reporting strategies, detailed assessment reports, benchmarking audits and best practice content guidelines.
- Director of Research and Strategy
Working closely with:
- Research team
- Account management
- Creative teams
Development of the agencies Corporate Reporting offer
- Responsible for evolving and developing the agencies consultancy business in line with the regulatory environment, good practice and the needs of clients.
- Take responsibility for gaining an in-depth knowledge of all clients' operations, regulatory requirements and ownership structure in order to ensure that our service to them is tailored accordingly.
- Manage the delivery of all corporate reporting consultancy work for new and existing clients.
- Support the Director of Research & Strategy in the presentation of consultancy work to clients.
- Create and deliver bespoke assessments, competitive benchmark audits and analysis to meet the demands of clients.
- Develop content guidelines for any external communications, including annual reports, presentations and CR reports to meet client needs.
Client Development and retention
- Work with the account management team to develop each client's corporate reporting strategy in line with best practice and changing market conditions.
- Review all client Annual Reports and provide key recommendations for improvement mid-way through the delivery process.
- Provide end of year assessments of client Annual Reports against agencies benchmarking research for use by the account teams at project kick-off meetings and debriefs.
- Respond to queries from clients regarding legislative and regulatory provisions, providing advice and
guidance as appropriate.
- Respond to ad-hoc research requests from clients to assist in the delivery of their corporate reporting programme.
- Support the account managers as required in their delivery of services to clients, for example; research presentations, requests for information and good practice guidance.
New business development
- In conjunction with the Business Development Manager undertake market analysis to identify new business opportunities both domestically and abroad.
- Conduct preliminary research on potential prospects including gaining an understanding of: their ownership structure, corporate objectives, operational structure, strengths, weaknesses and reporting strategy.
- Assess the quality of a prospect company's corporate reporting identifying areas of strength and areas for improvement.
- Carry out internal briefings with the relevant Directors' and Account Managers to inform on their pitch
strategy and presentation for new business opportunities.
Knowledge and skills required for the role
- Good degree from a reputable university
- Professional qualifications - preferably legal, accountancy or business based.
- Experience of working within a corporate reporting, corporate governance or business consultancy role.
- Experience of working with listed companies desirable
- Experience of working on corporate external communications
- Highly organised, thorough, demonstrating excellent attention to detail and a proactive, flexible approach
- Able to establish strong relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership and organisational skills.
- Strong ‘can do' attitude motivated by a desire to be part of the solution, rather than part of the problem.