Head of People - Apparel - Cornwall / Remote
Are you a Head of People who is able to travel to Cornwall on a regular basis?
Our client is looking for a growth orientated Head of People with experience of fostering high performance cultures in multidisciplinary teams. Working alongside the founder and CEO, the Head of People will bring the brand values to life, lead on culture and develop talent and incorporate their values across the people function and the employee journey, helping to set strong foundations for ambitious business growth by creating working environments where people truly flourish. Within the first 6 months your KPI will including building and installing a company-wide onboarding process, create a clear development plan and progression framework for employees and management, and to build and roll-out a company-wide performance evaluation framework.
Your main duties will include:
- Designing a people strategy and vision that supports a high-performance culture for now, whilst ensuring that the organisation is set up for scale in the years to come.
- Developing and implementing a continuous performance improvement framework to ensure the most appropriate structure and support mechanisms are in place to provide strong talent development opportunities.
- Building and maintaining an employer brand that attracts the very best talent and means the best people stay to develop their careers, making the business a recognised talent developer within the industry.
- Partnering with senior leaders and managers across the business to foster a culture of high performance and build lean, effective teams.
- Developing a programme of management training that makes a direct impact on the business's performance and raises the capability of their senior team.
- Ensuring diversity & inclusion is at the heart of everything they do ensuring they are successfully executing against their D&I initiatives.
- Roll out a benefits package, monitor its effectiveness and recommend improvements.
- Own the resource planning process to ensure structure and foresight is built into the headcount planning process.
- Be the business's main knowledge source for all matters of HR & employment law.
- Champion the use of people-centric data to optimise and drive our People strategy.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an ambitious and energetic leader who has a strong Talent Acquisition and Talent Development background in an agile, growth environment and a good knowledge of B-Corp framework, and ideally prior operational experience within top rated B-Corps. You must have a solid knowledge and practice of HR and employment law, including resourcing, compensation and benefits, training and development, employee relations and organisational development as well as a track record of leading, inspiring, and influencing people through change.
Is this you?
- Excelled in acquiring talent across multiple disciplines, with hands-on experience of sourcing, interviewing, and evaluating candidates while conveying a compelling employee proposition.
- High EQ, natural empathy, and a desire to truly understand problems and help people solve them.
- Able to partner effectively with senior leadership teams, providing reliable and commercially driven expertise.
- Exceptional communication skills encompassing challenging conversations, coaching managers and communicating initiatives across teams.
- Excellent problem-solving, commercial and analytical skills to understand the complex needs of our business and implement simple solutions.
- Practical experience across key People priorities: talent, performance, compensation and benefits, org design, org development, communications and engagement
- Passionate about and inspired by the opportunity to protect the Oceans.
Salary: up to £70K plus benefits (which you will help craft!)
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be considered
You must be able to travel to their head office in Cornwall but the role can be based from anywhere.
We cannot stress what a very exciting opportunity this would be for the right candidate, especially as the brand enters its next phase of growth. So please don't delay, if you want to apply for this exciting opportunity then send your CV by applying by the link provided.
Apply for Head of People - Apparel - Cornwall / Remote
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly