Managing Director - B2B marketing agency
Our client is a very ambitious integrated B2B comms agency that uses informed insights to create revenue generating strategies and results for some of the worlds biggest tech brands.
Due to current expansion plans within the group our client is seeking an experienced Managing Director who has solid background within the B2B agency arena as well as a proven track record when it comes to operations and growth of a multi million pound agency.
The Managing Director’s role is a complimentary counterpart to the CEO, helping to align the operational, client relationship and cultural success of the agency. The Managing Director is a true leader who is pro active and empowers others to perform at their best.
In particular, the Managing Director’s role is as much internal facing as it is external – ensuring the company continues on its current trajectory whilst operationally supporting the business as it adapts due to their continuing growth.
As a Managing Director you will cover the following activities:
1. Growth planning and strategy
2. Commercial and budgetary responsibility
3. People management and leadership
4. Business management and profitability
5. Cultivate the senior management team and build internal relationships
6. Shift culture
7. Operational success
Key skills required are as follows:
- A fundamental understanding of the through the line B2B industry - ideally in IT/Tech
- The ability get under the skin of clients and understand what makes them tick
- An understanding of what clients want from their agency and have the ability to help deliver it
- The ability to help run and manage an effective, successful and culturally aligned creative agency
- Experience in successfully leading and converting new business opportunities where appropriate
- Creative and strategic appreciation. Understanding of the value of great ideas and able to recognise strong creative work.
- Good relationship builder with the ability to operate at a senior and strategic level with key clients and help resolve issues smoothly and effectively.
- Gravitas and charm. Have presence in a room, ability to earn respect and influence people.
- Durable, stamina, high energy, drive and pro-activeness. Ability to do what it needs to “just get stuff done” over any obstacles.
- Good people manager with an ability to inspire, motivate, mentor and build commitment.
- Confident self-starter.
In return for your expertise as a Managing Director and market excellence our client offers a very competitive salary plus bonuses.
This role is perfectly placed for the experienced and level headed individual who isn't looking to baby sit a comfortable agency. For this agency, its very very exciting times and with rapid growth comes growing pains. We need you to have the experience, attitude and passion to steer this ship through.
If you think you’re the Managing Director that we are searching for then get in touch with me, Tom Howe, by clicking on the apply button below.