Head of Fair to Nature
Head of Fair to Nature
Salary: £50,000.00 - £55,469.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days annual leave, flexible working
Duration: 2 year Fixed Term contract* - Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Are you passionate about nature-friendly regenerative farming with a strong commercial background? This charity is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to lead the commercial development of Fair to Nature, a farm assurance scheme linking food producers and consumers with nature-friendly farmers.
Fair to Nature is the gold standard for nature-friendly farming. Run by the UK’s largest wildlife and conservation charity, it helps food businesses create planet-friendly products that consumers can trust while meeting ambitious sustainability, biodiversity and net-zero targets.
Fair to Nature uses proven conservation and farm management measures to protect and rebuild wildlife habitats, reduce carbon and cut pesticide use. Rooted in this organisation’s deep scientific expertise, it delivers robust sustainability outcomes at scale. The farming standard for Fair to Nature is available at www [dot] fairtonature [dot] org.
As Head of Fair to Nature, you will champion the scheme and develop commercial partnerships with producers interested in sourcing products grown on Fair to Nature farms. You will create the marketing strategy for the scheme to enable it to achieve its growth potential. Your leadership of the team will bring together farmers, farm wildlife advisers, NGO partners, food producers, retailers and consumers to increase the area of nature-friendly farmland in the UK. You will demonstrate success of the scheme over a two-year period and set it up for investment and future growth.
You will need experience in building commercial partnerships, novel marketing methods, and good negotiating skills. Your sound commercial acumen will be built on experience of brands, consumer markets, product sourcing and supply. You will know how businesses operate and how to create value for corporate brands. Experience of taking a product to market is desirable. You will have a passion for nature, enjoy collaborating in a team environment, working cross-organisationally, and with external business and NGO partners.
In addition, you will need the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Good knowledge of the political, economic and cultural context to identify opportunities and collaborations, particularly in relation to the food sector
- Visible, inspiring and effective leadership, able to lead without line management authority and the confidence to make decisions without needing to refer upwards
- Experience of negotiating and agreeing major deals with commercial partners
- Project Management principles and programmatic working, excellent organisation and time management
- Ability to evaluate and manage financial and reputational risks and legal compliance
- Excellent marketing and communication skills – able to produce clear and engaging documentation, and persuade and influence a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to find creative solutions
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances
- Financial acumen to manage budgets, forecasts and understand financial systems, especially preparing the scheme for investment
Closing date: 23:59, 12 May 2021
*The employer reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
Please click 'Apply’ - you will be prompted to complete a short CHM Recruit form before being redirected to complete your application.
No agencies please.