Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager- Sports- London
Major Players is looking for someone who genuinely understands the social landscape and the way it works. We want this sport to be embedded in culture naturally and in an authentic and credible way, with an emphasis on regular, quality content that both appeals to current fans and attracts new audiences to the sport.
Not just looking for a Social Media Manager to post across this organisations channels, they want want go getters and content creators, self-sufficient team members who can take direction and run with it in a fast-paced and everchanging environment. This position requires passion and dedication and presents a rare opportunity to work in one of the few truly global sports. You'll travel the world (when it's safe to do so again!) This role will require weekend working hours and a passion for sport and understanding of tennis is essential.
- Implementing social media strategy for the UK market
- Day-to-day management of all social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Tiktok)
- Day-to-day collaboration with their editorial team to ensure consistency of output across platforms
- Working with the players to support their social media efforts
- Devising and delivering incredible content ideas with their studio team
- Being the guardian of tone of voice on social media platforms
- Creation of basic social graphics and videos (you can leave the difficult tasks to the specialists)
- Delivery of partner digital rights on social media in coordination with the commercial department
- Demonstrating excellent, true 'fan engagement' and two-way communication with supporters.
- Working with the analytics team to optimise output; reporting on reach, engagement, referral and growth metrics based on data
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by line manager
MUST HAVE SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Upwards of 3 years' experience working in social media for either an agency or in-house is essential
- A strategic thinker who is able to think longer-term, articulate their ideas and take others on the journey - with proven experience developing and implementing social strategies
- A solid understanding of the tennis world and the wider sports social industry landscape
- An excellent project manager, with prior experience working on big brand campaigns, involving the management of multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Enthusiasm about the sport is a must
- Copywriting skills that are versatile. The candidate needs to be able to adapt instantly to the brand's tone-of-voice with flawless grammar, spelling and punctuation mixed with a touch of creativity
- We're looking for imagination and creative spark, but with a sharp eye for detail, ability to prioritise, work in a team, deal with feedback, see the bigger picture and stay calm under pressure.
- As part of this role, you may be encouraged to assert your expertise and use data to back up your ideas. Good analytical skills and previous experience using social analytics tools would be a massive benefit.
- We really want someone who shows great initiative!
- A creative at heart with strong graphic design and video editing skills
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "LYDIA STILLER- FLOWERDEW". To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Lydia@majorplayers.co.uk| DD: + 44| 207 845 7214. Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly if you would like more information before applying.
Apply for Social Media Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly