Haymarket Media Group is renowned for producing high-quality events, featuring the very best content and speakers that respond to the specific needs of professional audiences. During the past year we have continually innovated in our event delivery, cemented our digital offering and created a virtual presence within the communities we serve.
We have an opportunity for a Conference Producer to join the live events division. You will play a key role in developing the content ensuring our events remain at the leading edge and meet the changing needs of our growing audience.
The role will focus on content research, identifying target audiences and sponsors, programme writing and speaker acquisition. The successful candidate will report into the Portfolio Manager and will be responsible for a series of allocated events within our commercial portfolio.
- Carry out high-quality desk research, phone and face-to-face interviews
- Identify high-priority topics, leading organisations and potential speakers
- Identify target audience segments and potential sponsors for each topic and conference
- Develop leading-edge conference agendas that respond to the needs of our audience and sponsors
- Source, test, recruit and brief high-calibre speakers to deliver the talks and case studies
- Lead the event project team by supporting and advising operations, marketing, sponsorship sales and telesales
- Assist the marketing team to identify compelling messaging and ensure communications are accurate
- Assist the sponsorship team to ensure suitable sponsors are identified and targeted appropriately
- Work closely with the event operations team to ensure operational requirements of the events are met
- Build strong relationships with the brands editorial teams to ensure the conference programmes align with the brands values and key messages
- Develop informal networks with practitioners to act as topic advisers and/or future speakers
Attitude, skills and experience
- Experience in a commercial Conference Producer role - not essential but highly desirable
- Experience in conducting in-depth desk research, phone and face-to-face interviews to scope out markets and topics
- Highly-developed communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and informal networks
- Highly-developed writing, editing and proofreading skills in English
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders and work across teams to ensure the success of the event
- The ability to prioritise, work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proactive and enthusiastic, with a professional and can-do attitude
Other benefits include
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Haymarket has been creating world-class media for over 60 years. Our 1,400 talented professionals make us who we are. We invest in our talent: creating great workplaces, great learning opportunities and great careers. Our team culture is collaborative, vibrant and sociable. We give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability. If you require any assistance with any aspect of your application or interview please let us know.