Haymarket Media Group is renowned for producing high-quality events, featuring the very best content and speakers that respond to the specific needs of professional audiences. During the past year we have continually innovated in our event delivery, cemented our digital offering and created a virtual presence within the communities we serve.
This innovation has led the way to new opportunities and as such we are looking for the right candidate to help us grow our business into new territory. We are looking for a self starter with established production knowledge and management attributes to launch, grow and develop a portfolio of events within our HBM branded events.
This role would suit someone looking to take the next step in their career, with a proven track record of delivering large events and launching new events into the market. Previous management experience would be advantageous but not essential.
We are looking for someone with a strong production background and grounding in process. You will play a key role in developing the content and driving the profitability of the portfolio, ensuring they remain leading edge and meet the changing needs of our growing audience.
The successful candidate will report into the Head of HBM Conferences. The role will require you to:
- Take the lead in engaging new audiences and creating relationships to aid the development and growth of the event portfolio
- Conceptualise and drive new topic launches within the event team and wider business
- Validate new topic ideas through buy side and commercial research
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the business to ensure the success of the portfolio
- Work closely with commercial to ensure sponsorship targets are delivered on
- Ability to show initiative and work autonomously to take ownership of the series of the events
- Lead the event project team by supporting and advising operations, marketing, sponsorship sales and telesales
- Assist the marketing team to identify compelling messaging and ensure communications are accurate and timeous
- Assist the sponsorship team to ensure suitable sponsors are identified and targeted appropriately
- Work closely with the event operations team to ensure operational requirements of the events are met
- Build strong relationships with the brands editorial teams to ensure the conference programmes align with the brands values and key messages
- Develop cutting edge agendas and recruit the best in class speakers
Attitude, skills and experience
- Established senior conference producer with good track record
- Highly-developed communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and informal networks
- The ability to prioritise, work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders and work across teams to ensure the success of the event
- Ability to manage a team of producers and champion production processes
Other things to know
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
The role will initially be working from home, with the expectation that we will return to the office in Twickenham, TW1 3SP once government restrictions have been lifted.
Why work with us?
Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 70 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
Our technology team covers a lot of different areas from project management, web development, system management, IT service desk, business analysis, business intelligence and product management.
We support, maintain and build a wide selection of services across our Haymarket divisions so we have to be adaptable, efficient and productive. We server and support many websites and systems so the opportunity to learn is vast.
Haymarket has been creating world-class media for over 60 years. Our 1,400 talented professionals make us who we are. We invest in our talent: creating great workplaces, great learning opportunities and great careers. Our team culture is collaborative, vibrant and sociable. We give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability. If you require any assistance with any aspect of your application or interview please let us know.