Director, Global Social Media at Jo Malone London
Jo Malone London
JOB TITLE: Director, Global Social Media
RESPONSIBLE TO: Vice President, Global Consumer Marketing & Engagement
Responsible for developing robust, integrated social media strategies that drive engagement and advocacy across platforms and markets whilst staying true to the brands luxury credentials. Develop and manage a broad strategy to innovate and set industry first social media marketing within the luxury fragrance & lifestyle sector. As part of the Consumer Marketing department this role will work closely with all departments to ensure that social media plans are effectively integrated into brand marketing and paid media efforts. They will partner with key social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter, as well as seek out and develop new and emerging platforms that can help us grow our consumer base and brand.
Understanding how to use social media to strategically a build brand, create attention and generate advocacy on a global scale is key. In addition, a thorough understanding of the capabilities of social media and its ability to connect with a wide range of audiences and drive the full consumer funnel sits at the core.
Working cooperatively with other internal stakeholders across both the brand and wider Estee Lauder Companies will be central to success. A unique blend of creative instincts, social media marketing aptitude, measurement and executive management skills are paramount.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Own the development of a strategic social media marketing plan and its associated budget across campaigns and channels.
- Foster strong working relationship with the brands Creative department to ensure the brands content requirements for social media are consistently met
- Manage an innovative social media content calendar for the brand across Jo Malone London’s global channels
- Work alongside regional teams to manage brand accounts on local channels (e.g. Weibo, WeChat, Line)
- Propose innovative campaigns to extend brand presence socially, drive traffic, and increase engagement and loyalty
- Ensure strategic investment and KPI’S are met
- Oversee and manage social media reporting globally to ensure visibility of content and social metrics.
- Advise on all influencer partnerships in partnership with Global Communications
- Mentor and develop global, regional and market teams on social media
- Act as the guardian of brand equity across social; ensuring that all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of the style, quality and tone of voice
- Define the Customer Care social media strategy in conjunction with the broader Consumer Marketing team
- Manage external agencies and publishing partners as necessary for that which we cannot do internally.
- Unparalleled knowledge of social media
- Drive digital first thinking
- Flexible and professional attitude
- Strategic thinking and planning with a creative flair
- Commercially minded whilst respecting the parameters of luxury
- Experience of clearly communicating social expectations (asset specs, copy and execution) with broader teams
- Flexible thinking and agile approach to topical trends and insights
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Champion kindness and the values that embody Jo Malone London
- Collaborative relationships both in Global and at a regional and market level
- Ability to work
- Ove across crisis comms and community management
- 8+ years related experience
- Experience managing earned & owned, paid knowledge is essential
- Social media native; strong knowledge of latest trends and technologies
- Global or Regional experience (China experience a bonus)
- Luxury brand/beauty/fashion/entertainment experience ideal but not essential
- Agency and in-house experience preferable