Conference Producer - Awards & Forums
Please note that the role will initially be working from home, with the expectation that we will return to the office in Twickenham, once government restrictions have been lifted.
We have an exciting opportunity for an established conference producer looking to expand their horizons. If you would like the opportunity to work on large scale events and partake in high glamour events then this is the role for you!
Haymarket Events is renowned for producing quality forums and awards featuring high-level speakers and great content. Working closely with both our editorial and commercial teams we have the opportunity to produce some of the most innovative events in our sectors and we are looking for a content producer to join the team.
As the content lead, you will be responsible for shaping and managing the content for our forum events portfolio. The content at these events is key to attracting the right calibre of delegates whom we require to match with the suppliers in the sector who pay to attend for the prearranged 1-2-1 meetings.
In order to deliver successful events we require someone who has an established production methodology but is looking to expand their skill set to different event formats. This is a unique role where great content is a key part of an event which is structured differently to a traditional conference format. You will have the opportunity to help shape the current events whilst also being integral in extending the portfolio of this type of product. The content has to be relevant to the target audience, pertinent and engaging. We are also keen to integrate non traditional content delivery options.
You will work with the event managers and the marketing team to deliver the events, whilst working closely with the editorial and commercial teams on our relevant Brands and with our partners, CIPD and CIPS, to ensure the content can also help with the commercial opportunities at the event. The event manager on the project has P&L responsibility and is the lead person on the event team for the project.
Our products stand out in a competitive market and we are looking for candidates who will do the same. We are looking for someone who will be able to help shape the future of the events we run as a department in these challenging but interesting sectors.
As the department continues to grow there will be potential for line management responsibilities of a Junior Content Producer who would report into you.
- The successful candidate will be experienced in producing sector specific, commercially led, interesting and relevant content
- The ability to develop strong relationships with key industry players
- Have the ability to work with sponsors and suppliers where commercially driven content is part of the event
- The sourcing, management and delivery of speakers at the event is a crucial aspect of the role
- A track record in maximising profitability of events
- Excellent analytical research skills and the ability to quickly assimilate and prioritise commercial information
- Experience of producing programmes for multi-streamed events
- Experience of researching new topic ideas with no previous knowledge of the subject
- Some knowledge of the specific sectors would be a plus
- Experience in a media company, ideally working on similar events is a bonus but not essential
- Experience of multi-tasking and working on more than one event concurrently
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to make strong commercial decisions based on research
- Strong telephone manner and ability to meet and speak face-to-face with senior executives in the market
- Ability to multi-task on many different projects, whilst remaining highly-organised
- Ability to build up a team of freelance content producers and manage external producers if required
- Excellent oral and a high standard of sales / marketing written skills to effectively communicate the core content of each event
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and working under pressure
- Creative and innovative
- Excellent at building relationships and working with a range of stakeholders
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, with a professional and “can-do” attitude
- Fast learner
- Self-motivated; able to work on own initiative
- A team player with the ability to communicate effectively with your cross functional colleagues
- Trustworthy and discreet with sensitive commercial information
Please note that the role will initially be working from home, with the expectation that we will return to the office in Twickenham, TW1 3SP once government restrictions have been lifted.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the dynamism, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with independence and integrity: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!