Online Retail Strategist
This is a critical hire within the UK Groupe Commerce Practice to align and develop our capabilities across the Publicis Groupe around Online Retail strategy for a leading electronics brand.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a strategic mind-set, with strong communication and presentation skills. They will be effective operating in a matrixed organisation, helping to solve complex business challenges and drive tangible results for our client. Strategic consulting will be key in this role and candidates will benefit from demonstrating strategic points of view on industry developments and market trends within commerce and retail media.
Our clients require agency support that will enable them to make data driven decisions, evaluate retailer execution, develop best in class selling content, deliver assets and guidance for flagship launches and drive optimal marketing. The ability to turn broader market knowledge into practical, commercially-led recommendations is a key skill we are looking for.
We’re seeking an individual with demonstrable experience and expertise across a range of digital commerce disciplines, including SEO, paid search, paid social, influencer marketing, affiliate marketing, user experience, online marketplaces, retail, CRO, merchandising content and data & analytics. Our unique products and services offer a means through which to solve client challenges and enable commerce growth. The expectation will be to grasp the relevant Publicis products quickly and strategically craft commercial opportunities across our product and services portfolio with clients. Whilst primarily client-focused, there will be an expectation that this role forms an integral part of the Publicis Commerce UK Practice and commits creative capital and bandwidth to the broader Groupe commerce growth initiatives, as and when required. The pace of change in commerce is significant across the majority of our clients and the practice is pivotal in enabling our agency brands to meet these emerging client needs. Expect a fast paced environment and at times, a certain level of ambiguity, in line with a rapidly changing retail landscape and constant innovation. The person that fills this role needs to be positive, energetic and entrepreneurial, to a degree, whilst maintaining a strong client-service led approach. This role does not currently have any direct reports but this may develop in the future as the team grows.
Expected scope of work
- Support Head of Online Marketplaces & Customer Journey Managers with strategy development
- Commerce campaign planning, reporting and optimisation
- Commerce customer journey planning and optimisation
- Consult on commerce asset/content design, build and retailer syndication
- Review and consult on campaign launch plan executions (media and creative)
- Review relevant tech solutions and provide guidance on an innovation roadmap
- Provide thought leadership and relevant trade insights to our clients, with commercial analysis where required
- Be the bridge between the commerce practice and the groupe account team.
Experience sought (a reasonable blend across some of the following):
- Extensive experience of managing commerce activity, in a brand, retailer or agency.
- Extensive experience in B2B Account Management and/or Commercial/Sales roles
- Extensive experience in working directly with or for Amazon or similar eRetail org (eBay, THG, Argos, a big 4 Grocer, JLP etc)
- Experience with brand or performance marketing experience
- Consulting experience or familiar with delivering consultancy projects on Commerce
- Extensive ecommerce experience including digital shelf management (FMCG, CPG and Consumer Electronics experience a plus)
- Proven experience of delivering successful projects in complex matrixed organisations.
- Retail media experience in a planning or activation capacity (i.e. Amazon Advertising, Criteo, Citrus Ads)
- Broad digital marketing experience that is not limited to (but should include) performance marketing
We are a team of 1,400 commerce experts global, in 30+ Markets, with 4 Center of Excellences. Our Team Talent is from key marketplaces, brands and retailers, so we have a diverse set of experts for all our client needs. We also have global strategic media alliances with top marketplaces, working with over 200 retailers and managing over 65k+ SKU’s.