Technical SEO Manager
The Digitas Technical Search Team is the primary point of contact for all technical queries relating to SEO, forming a key part of multi-disciplinary client portfolio teams delivering SEO campaigns to groups of clients. The team also works to provide SEO input to website build projects, working alongside UX, design and development teams.
Role context and overview
To lead or assist in the management and maintenance of a portfolio of clients, support the SEO campaigns by providing deliverables as requested for these clients and account management teams. You are proactively looking for opportunities, with a problem-solve mindset to discover and tackle issues without being told to do so.
To work on all technical aspects of SEO client accounts, working closely with multi-disciplinary SEO campaign teams to formulate, communicate and support the implementation of SEO strategy. Coach and develop more junior members of the team, and support and assist in the management and maintenance of a portfolio of clients.
- Provide best in class technical SEO strategy, consultancy, deliverables and guidance for brands across a wide variety of industry sectors
- Support with new website launches, website migrations, CMS changes, retiring websites, and all other elements of technical SEO
- Key deliverables include technical SEO audits, site migration strategy, new site build technical SEO recommendations and requirements, wireframe/UX reviews, plus various ad-hoc projects based upon client need
- Regular communication with clients supporting them with day-to-day technical advice and guidance
- Keep up-to-date with industry and technical developments, and integrate these into client campaigns
- Share knowledge derived from client campaigns and research with fellow team members; coach and develop more junior members of the team
- Help to develop SEO knowledge within the department and wider company
- Provide support with business development opportunities, including attending pitches
- Identify and act upon cross-sell and up-sell opportunities within clients
- Travel to client meetings when required
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and administrative work as requested by Head of Department or Team Leader