Salary: up to 60K
Location: Westfield White City London Store
Working: Full time
Direct reports: two venue managers and the accountability for a team of up to 50 people
Who are we and what do we do?
SituLive is changing the way people discover, experience and choose lifestyle products forever by creating an immersive store experience Westfield launching in September 2021. A new physical and digital retail format that blends the editorial strength of lifestyle magazines with the sensory energy of live experiential action.
We are looking for the innovators, disruptors and imagineers who want to help change the future of retail by focusing on brand immersion and experience through the medium of live story telling. We are bringing some of the magic of theatre to how we shop for lifestyle technology products by offering curated experiences across a physical and digital retail format and you will lead the high engaging teams supporting visitors to our experience.
Let’s set the scene and give you a taster of the environment you will be working in:
- You will head up a large venue in Westfield Shopping Centre with a series of bespoke curated environments.
- The main floor will have a team of highly energetic and passionate actors and performers, two assistant venue managers to ensure the general running of the store and two technicians for that all important tech backup.
- Situ Live London will be the first store of its kind to kickstart a new generation of stores which offers customers an immersive experience with a wide range of home technology products ranging from Home Entertainment to Gym equipment and all that’s in between.
- The store will have 6 staging areas each with a different theme where live events/shows/acts/demonstrations will take place, often with celebrity guests to interact with
What this role entails:
- This is not store management, this is a revolution in retail. You will provide hands on direction to store teams to provide an immersive in venue experience- retail experience is not required.
- Being a world class leader who can inspire provide day to day inspiration and motivations to our story tellers and demonstrators.
- Directing operational delivery through the Assistant Management team will manage day to day scheduling, training, security and maintenance
- Curating bespoke events to drive consumer engagement and experience
- Budget responsibility
- Building partnerships with brands
We are looking for someone who has experience in any, or a combination of the following:
- High profile event management
- International project or event management
- A creative store manager who is looking for a change of direction – Are you a frustrated creative looking for a different retail direction??
- Actor/performer with retail management experience
About you (this part is key):
- Everyone in store should aspire to be you.
- You will need to be a creative, high energy, driven and dynamic individual.
- Be able to prove that you can execute and drive our vision through your team to drive success.
- Have experience in one of the previously mentioned areas.
- Passionate about technology/brands/retail/events
- Experienced manager / leader
- Be able to understand people and engagement and embody the company culture.
What this opportunity offers you:
- Significant career opportunities on a national and international level
- This is a lifestyle, not a job. In your perfect job, it shouldn’t feel like work
- Opportunity to meet, engage, network with global brand leaders/influencers/contacts
- The ability to inject your own experience and creative flair to help reinvent retail
- The chance to manage a highly energetic, creative team of people within a store
- Participate in a structured, fun and informative recruitment process
There is so much more to tell you about this opportunity! if this short description excites you and wish to apply and find out more, please send your CV to Ali Cook @ RMG via the Apply button.