Saatchi & Saatchi launched in 1970, with the philosophy that “Nothing is Impossible” – a statement that is carved into the steps of our London building. This spirit remains fundamental to our approach.
Over the years, we are proud to have created some of the world’s most famous, loved – and in more recent times, most shared – ideas: from the ‘Face’ ad for British Airways, to ‘Life flows better’ for Visa, and the ‘Life’s for sharing’ campaign for T-Mobile.
We are a full service, integrated communications network, with 114 offices in 67 countries, with our headquarters in London. Saatchi & Saatchi is part of the Publicis Groupe, the world’s third-largest communications group.
As Account Director, you are the parent and bodyguard of our ideas. You are responsible for inspiring, enabling and protecting the very best work. You are the lynchpin of the account-- driving the momentum forward.
You are a team player, open and honest, transparent in your communications with clients and agency folk alike.
You will contribute to fostering an environment where everyone can enjoyably collaborate on producing the very best work howsoever executed.
You are passionate about developments in the ad landscape, continually upgrading your understanding of what and how this can be leveraged for your client.
You will be an inspiring leader to those who work for you, setting the example of what it takes to be a brilliant account director. Your belief that 'nothing is impossible' is infectious and you use your knowledge and experience to make the impossible a reality wherever you go.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ensure Saatchi & Saatchi’s creative, planning and digital teams consistently deliver the best in class big ideas and strategic, digital-first thinking
- Proactively assist the business leaders and digital teams to identify upcoming opportunities and conflicts
- Serve as the primary contact with the client on all areas of digital brand building work
- Lead and connect all key agency partners involved in integrated campaigns to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide ongoing education and insight into the ever-changing advertising landscape; ensure that the latest thinking is applied to our strategic and creative outputs
- Collaborate with producers, creatives, project managers and planners to deliver outstanding work for our clients
WHAT IT TAKES
To ensure this career opportunity is a suitable match for your experience and job search, we require the following:
- Being motivated, tenacious and ambitious
- A hunger to make brilliant work that will define your career
- Excellent communication, presentation and management skills: an ability to convince and influence others effectively, proactive in handling complex situations, negotiations and problems
- Strong client-facing skills and proven experience in building and maintaining partnerships
- Knowledge of procurement, digital marketing sector standards and best-practices
- Able to prioritise, communicate and delegate to the wider team
- Handle stressful situations and deadlines calmly and without flapping
- Experience in team training and education, supporting collaboration and good teamwork skills
Diversity and inclusion is a core part of our DNA at Publicis UK. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, celebrates and supports our wonderfully diverse employee group irrelevant of their age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability or ethnicity. Diversity and inclusion fuels our creativity and innovation, it enables us to be closer to our people and audiences. We will continue to strive to create a culture and environment where everyone feels empowered and more importantly comfortable enough to bring their full, authentic selves to work.