Haymarket Media Group is a global media, data information and analytics company. Our purpose is to create trusted, premium specialist media brands that build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations.
Maximise opportunities within Haymarket Business brands Windpower Monthly and ENDS. As a hands-on Sales Director, you will be responsible for creating, leading and inspiring a high performing commercial team, across multiple revenue streams for Windpower Monthly and ENDS portfolio across print and digital advertising, events sponsorship and bespoke solutions.
About you: A strong commercial awareness and be an excellent communicator with exceptional negotiation and influencing skills. You will be able to demonstrate your experience in previously leading a commercial media sales team within a fast-paced environment, selling advertising, bespoke solutions and events sponsorship across all channels.
- Develop and implement the operational sales plan for each product you are responsible for, on and offline and for events in line with the brand strategy as directed by the Group Commercial Director of Energy and Environment Division.
- Ensure effective communication of the sales strategy to your team.
- Forecast accurately on a rolling basis, current/next month and annualised revenue/profit by product where applicable.
- Ensure a thorough working knowledge of the product sectors for which you are responsible, their brand extensions and the markets in which they operate.
- Ensure full awareness of all competitor activity across print, online and events.
- Understand the customers’ business environment and their needs.
- Work closely with the Group Commercial Director on developing new multi-channel revenue streams.
- Deliver/exceed against brand monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets (revenue/share/yield).
- Demonstrate clear sales leadership by assisting your direct reports to deliver best practice and revenues together with negotiating and closing key account business personally.
- Proactively encourage collaboration to achieve team goals.
- Develop and maintain an open, honest, inclusive and supportive team environment.
- Super-organised with excellent time management skills
- Ability to quickly pick up, manage and deliver complex campaigns.
- Genuine interest in or passion for the Energy Sector and its surrounding disciplines e.g. Sustainability, The ‘Paris Agreement’ and an ongoing natural curiosity to deepen your knowledge.
- Target-orientated with the ability to meet and exceed KPIs and possess strong business acumen.
- Have a positive, enthusiastic attitude — we want to grow and we are looking for people who want to be instrumental to its growth.
- Be comfortable and able to deliver when working under pressure.
- The ability to learn quickly with the confidence to engage with clients immediately.
- Comfortable with developing and cultivating conversations up to C-Suite level.
- Familiarity with building and negotiating high-value sales propositions.
- Hungry to leverage existing relationships through your network and create new contacts to drive incremental revenue
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the dynamism, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with independence and integrity: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!