Campaign, the world’s leading business media brand that champions creativity in the advertising, media and marketing communities, is looking for a talented and ambitious reporter to join its award-winning editorial team.
The journalist will cover stories from across the creative industries: from new ad campaigns and marketing strategies to key account and people moves as well as the most interesting cultural trends, across print, digital and live platforms.
The successful candidate will also be involved in writing longer pieces such as interviews, features and analysis.
The multi-platform role includes general news reporting, some digital production including curating the Creative Work section on Campaign’s website, building email bulletins and supporting Campaign’s head of audience development in implementing its social media strategy.
This is a great opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of creativity at a time of huge change for the advertising industry.
- Writing news stories and quick analysis for the website and its daily bulletins
- Investigating key trends and holding the industry to account
- Commissioning opinion pieces, and identifying new creative voices to contribute to Campaign
- Identifying new and emerging examples of the best creativity, creators and brands
- Maintaining and building relationships with the industry’s top creatives, including creative chiefs, directors and emerging talent, as well as other leaders
- Work with the creativity & culture editor to curate the work featured in Campaign, both in print and online, and maintaining a high level of creative judgment on the brand
- Supporting the head of audience engagement to build Campaign’s social media presence and drive readers to the website
- A creative, highly motivated journalist, able to produce daily news and occasional features to Campaign’s style
- Razor-sharp writing skills to ensure all content is of the highest quality and accuracy
- A nose for spotting an insightful news story as well as a clear understanding of the kind of entertaining, shareable content to help grow traffic and drive engagement
- An understanding of analytics and using real-time data to help shape the content Campaign produces
- A desire to learn from constructive feedback
- Good command of forward planning and research
- The ability to remain calm under pressure in the face of daily and weekly deadlines
- The ability to build exceptional contacts within the relevant industry
- A team player able to adapt to and operate effectively in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- An interest in commercial creativity and cultural trends
- Willingness to attend evening events
- Understanding of media law
- Write stories about the most creative advertising being produced in the UK
- Pitch new and engaging stories about commercial creativity to the news editor every day
- Monitor social media and other publications to highlight potential stories or topics for Campaign
- Build long-term relationships with a patch of agencies and creative businesses, meeting and speaking with their leaders regularly
- Break off-diary stories about new developments in the UK ad industry
- Hold the industry to account
- Work with the creativity & culture editor to curate The Work and maintain and develop its position as a comprehensive resource for creatives
Other benefits include
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the dynamism, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with independence and integrity: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!