As a Senior Creative at Given, you’ll be the go-to person for art direction challenges and filmic briefs – always with a sustainability and positive impact flavour. That means you’ll spend much of your time crafting moods, devising film treatments and working with a multiskilled team to produce your visions. If you have a flair for script writing – even better.
Day-to-day, you’ll also feel just as comfortable in a brainstorm as on a shoot location. Working independently or in collaboration with designers, you’ll dream up on-brief creative concepts and imaginative activations – clearly presenting your ideas to both internal teams and clients.
We’d love to see experience in the purpose space in your professional background, but if not we’ll definitely be looking for passion for positive change in some form. Show us a real belief that brands need to be more purposeful and progressive to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges and we’ll have lots in common.
- You’ll be coming up with ideas using conceptual and visual flair – all with an element of purpose and positive change at their heart. One day you might be coming up with a conceptual creative idea for a campaign or content series, another you might be setting the art direction for photography or film
- You’ll be able to think across various formats and types of execution and have the skills to craft them. That might involve developing mood boards, creating film treatments, selecting videographers, directing shoots, briefing editors or something else
- You’ll be able to support your conceptual and visual thinking with copy – demonstrating how words, tone and messages enhance and clarify your ideas
- You’ll be working across all of our clients, from luxury fashion to utilities, so you’ll need to be visually and conceptually agile
- You’ll collaborate with our brilliant design team – so giving clear, concept-first feedback is an important part of the role
- You’ll support the agency’s new business efforts – contributing ideas and energy to pitches and proposals. And often in a leading creative role
- You’ll have an eye for aesthetics and the ability to capture a mood or attitude through images, words and references. You are able to clearly present your ideas showing how your thinking answers purpose-led briefs
- You’ll understand the challenges and opportunities that film presents and feel comfortable leading and working with the many people involved in producing it
- You’ll be able to juggle multiple projects and develop creative concepts for a range of clients in a range of formats, including multi-channel campaigns. Some simple motion and editing skills might come in handy
- You love working both independently and collaboratively with clients, colleagues and production partners
- You are comfortable working at speed and to, sometimes tight, deadlines
- You are commercially savvy, or willing to learn how to be. Everyone at a small, independent business like Given understands how their work contributes to the business as a whole
- You believe in making purposeful work that can have a real positive impact in the world
We’re Given – the agency for purpose-driven brands. Founded in 2009 to help brands and business become a force for good, we’ve shaped sustainability strategies, dreamt up integrated creative campaigns and built impactful brands – all with a laser focus on creating positive change in the world. Our work has helped national and international brands like IKEA, John Lewis & Partners, Nationwide, Shelter, Aviva, Trainline, Calvin Klein, Yorkshire Water, Napapijri, Tommy Hilfiger, and many others, define and execute on their brand purpose. We fundamentally believe it takes both insightful strategy and imaginative creativity to change things for good, so we have both under the same East London roof.
Our first step will be a 30 minute phone call to understand a bit more about you and why you’ve applied. Next, we’ll invite candidates to a first round interview to get into more detail about you and the role, as well as taking a look at your portfolio together. The final stage will involve answering a short brief that will take no longer than a day of your time to prep. We’ll ask you to come into our office (if you’re comfortable doing that) to present your thinking.
For our people
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension Scheme with Aviva - auto enrollment after 3 months of employment
- Health plan
- 25 days annual leave
- Extra day annual leave per annum after 5 years’ service
- Birthday day off and a birthday meal out (to the value of £100)
- £100 working from home allowance to help your home office set up
- Interest free season ticket loan and Bike to Work scheme
- Breakfast food provided when in the office
Given strives to be an equal opportunities employer and everyone’s commitment to this process will be expected.