The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
The CRM Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the FA's core CRM strategy across key audiences to deliver organisational goals.
This is a CRM Manager role within The FA's central Marketing team, with a particular focus on grassroots audiences. This area of focus for the organisation covers players, coaches, referees, leagues & clubs, volunteers, partner-led participation programmes and FA digital products
CRM Campaign Management
- Support the CRM & Membership Lead to deliver the FA email strategy to help the organisation achieve its goal of having direct engagement with every participant of the game on a 1:1 basis.
- Define and deliver the grassroots CRM campaign schedule, across myriad of multi-tiered grassroots audiences, products and programmes to deliver engagement and conversion.
- Work with Marketing and Digital Engagement team to plan and design CRM customer journeys for the awareness, implementation, adoption and usage of new digital products, i.e. apps.
- Manage and develop the ‘Player Stats' campaign, delivering stats to players, by innovating ways to use data, personalisation and design.
- Work with stakeholders across the organisation to deliver their campaign objectives – including grassroots messaging and partner content.
- Be the leading expert in ESP email best practice, building automation journeys (Emarsys) and dynamic personalised design (Movable Ink).
- Act as channel owner for grassroots email and audiences in working groups for personalisation, digital, and data.
- Have a strong understanding of the GDPR and legal landscape for digital communications.
- Continually learn and develop The FA's Single Participant View data structure to suit the needs of CRM objectives – to make communications as personalised, relevant and engaging as possible
- Work with the CRM & Membership Lead to develop the My England Football rewards programme for grassroots players and volunteers.
- Work with various internal departments to develop and improve the CRM Team's processes for campaign execution, segmentation and reporting.
- Be an expert in campaign and audience insight, to continually improve CRM output.
- Work with the Digital Team to collaborate on the player experience across The FA's entire digital eco system.
Line Management & Cross Team Working
- Manage 1 x CRM Executive
- Build relationships across the organisation to understand objectives, deliver campaign briefs and deliver CRM projects.
- Be reactive to CRM campaign briefs but also proactive to work with stakeholders to achieve the CRM Team's objectives
- Organise and hold regular one to ones and maintain a high level of communication.
- Promote and develop a positive culture - providing regular feedback and learning opportunities to direct report.
- Create an inclusive, diverse and supportive environment that reinforces the Company values and culture
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for
- Experience of implementing complex CRM campaign strategies with a focus on engagement
- Expert level experience of ESPs and email best practice
- Experience in CRM, digital and email marketing strategy
- Experience of mapping out multi-channel customer journeys across various audiences
- Experience of managing projects related to CRM activity e.g. data, reporting, insight, design, content
- Strong understanding of GDPR and legalities covering digital communications
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
- An ability to be both reactive and proactive
- An ability to respond to assertive challenges from others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to balance and manage multiple projects, tasks and schedules and report the status of these.
- Ability to deliver projects on time and to the required standard
- A passion for sport, especially football.
- A background in grassroots sport or club & community programmes
- Experience in a data driven background
- Experience within Football or other sporting associations
- HTML & SQL knowledge is desired but not essential
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.