Senior Consultant – Brand Strategy & Innovation
Senior Consultant – Brand Strategy & Innovation - 3 Openings
In this role we are looking for hybrid creative individuals who can think laterally and apply their expertise across our client’s offer of brand and innovation strategy. Ideally we’d like a complete hybrid across cultural insight and futures but we are open to a heavier weighting in either direction, as long as candidates can demonstrate perspective to their approach.
As a Senior Brand Strategist you will help businesses grow by anticipating change, adding value to culture and meaning to people’s lives. You will be joining an eclectic mix of futures experts, cultural thinkers and brand growth specialists.
We are looking for a highly talented, passionate and experienced brand strategist with an ability to use innovative approaches to help clients engage and connect more powerfully with the world around them and how it’s changing to drive successful brand and innovation strategy for our key clients.
THE KIND OF PERSON WE’D LOVE TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Curious – always on the lookout for new ideas and inspiration, someone who is culturally aware and globally connected
- A creative problem-solver - ability to think both analytically AND creatively and bring a fresh perspective by joining the dots in unexpected ways
- Proactive / self-starter – ability to look for and create opportunities for themselves and for the company – has ideas, takes initiative and drives action
- Good communicator – strong communication with project teams, junior and senior, including good upward and client management
- Culturally engaged – a keen interest in popular culture, business and current affairs beyond work
- Passionate about brands and businesses – creating, building and transforming how they connect with people, how they communicate, how they evolve
- Lead and support in high profile client engagements with global clients
- Manage projects, helping us to deliver to time, quality and budget successfully. This will also involve leading areas of project work as well as delivering via the work of more junior members of the team
- Contribute to the winning of new projects with clients. This includes writing proposals and supporting on client pitches
- Build excellent client relationships up to mid level, establishing yourself as a credible expert in brand strategy with an ability to articulate engaging points of view on culture, trends, brands, innovations and new business models
- Industry experience: At least 4+ years’ experience in brand / cultural insight / futures consultancy
- Client / Account Management: Experience of supporting on large global accounts, ideally with experience of proposal writing
- Project / Budget Management: Strong project management skills and experience of efficiently managing project budgets from start to finish
- Cultural Insight: Evidenced experience of cultural theory / semiotics / cultural insight – an ability to decode culture, reveal how it is changing and how to apply to client challenges
- Futures approaches: Experience of futures and/or systems thinking and trends frameworks
- Strategic thinking: Proven strategic thinker, able to derive strategic recommendations for clients that will make a positive difference to their business. Able to demonstrate powerful thinking about brands, companies and wider cultural issues
- Storytelling: Experience of multi-disciplinary approaches (using a mix of source materials or inputs: qual, quant, cultural content, trends reports etc.), pulling out strategic implications and recommendations, and finding compelling and visual ways to present a story
- Content delivery: Experience of writing independently with limited senior input to deliver high quality work on time and on budget with well-developed strategic implications and clarity about the application of cultural / futures and trends insight to a client’s business challenge
- Facilitation: Experience of moderating / facilitating qualitative explorations or ideation / innovation workshops
- Social listening: Knowledge/experience of social media listening / has done analysis of social media inputs
Our client has a culture which is akin to a boutique agency within the ecosystem of a much larger organisation. This means there are numerous opportunities for learning and growing your career. They anticipate a future working style that embraces a hybrid style of working.