We are looking for a proactive and super-efficient HR Manager (with digital agency background) to provide full and comprehensive HR support to our business and our employees. In this role you will work closely with the Operations Director to help develop and support us through the employment cycle, including talent acquisition and talent management, and to advise on best practice and provide guidance to managers.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in an ambitious, successful, and creative agency that cares about its people, the talents they bring, and the quality of the work they produce.
● To be a trusted and credible advisor to ensure early notification of any employee relations issues.
● Provide advice, coaching, and guidance to departmental managers on all employee-related issues including absence, performance management, discipline, grievance, appeals, and DE&I issues.
● Analyse issues and recommend timely solutions that are cost-effective, efficient, and implemented fairly and diplomatically whilst adhering to legal requirements and mitigating any risk towards the company.
● Manage terminations of employment including resignations, dismissals, medical retirements and redundancies, ensuring the company and legal requirements are met.
● Assist with managing Workable, our applicant tracking system, and ensuring it aligns with our recruitment needs. (Understanding permissions, naming conventions, keeping up to date with latest feature developments, monthly demos, building templates etc)
● Assist with collating and writing job specifications, managing the filing system, developing recruitment packs, writing and posting ads, and reviewing data to help drive efficiencies,
● Assist with direct recruitment, candidate sourcing, shortlisting, setting up interviews, collating feedback, responding to applicants, and managing candidate surveys.
● Understand industry salaries, benefits and market trends.
● When necessary, source new specialist recruitment to build our PSL, negotiating terms and conditions to IPG standards.
● Liaise with our designated Legal partners on sponsorship matters.
Employment onboarding process:
● Gather references for all new employees, raising concerns with the departmental manager and Operations Director.
● Ensure that our Hiring/Offer stage is compliant, adhering to company financial processes, liaising with the Finance Director as appropriate.
● Manage and produce all offer letters and contracts, liaising with the Operations Director on final details of the contract.
● Manage the administration of new joiners (passport, medical, HMRC forms, IPG code of Conduct, right to work) in line with company standards.
● Ensure we have an excellent and consistent onboarding process, assisting the Operations Director and Team Leads to keep in touch and to create and adapt welcome packs.
● Obtain copies of proof of right to work in the UK and ensure that regular checks as required by the UK Border Agency are undertaken.
● Assist with setting up 3 month probation and yearly reviews where applicable and supporting managers where necessary.
● Ensure a consistent and fair approach is taken to reviews, in particular in relation to pay rises and promotions.
● Work with the Operations Director to ensure Bob (our HR system) is set up correctly to manage and improve performance management, and to support other HR priority areas.
●Work with the Finance Director to organise pay and promotion letters and any other written correspondence ensuring finance approvals are obtained prior to paperwork being issued.
● Be the go to person for benefits, ensuring clear correspondence of our annual benefit enrolment window.
Learning and Development:
● Build and design annual Learning & Development programme with Team leads alongside Operations and Finance Director.
● Support learning and development initiatives.
● Provide guidance and suggestions as to learning and development initiatives.
● Work with the Operations Director to evaluate effectiveness and return on investment on all training activities.
Diversity and Inclusion
● Work with Operations Director and our wider team to help drive and implement DE&I strategies across the business.
● Assist with qualifying external platforms, recruiters, apprenticeship.
This is a fantastic opportunity to ignite your career and make a real difference in a dynamic, creative agency (digital agency with a focus on customer experience, branding, content, and technology) of 80 people.