Project Manager- Contract
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to work for a specialist communication agency, working against three main pillars – narrative & messaging, coaching and content. Through these pillars our client brings business strategy to life, supporting their clients to better connect with the audiences that matter most.
The Project Manager will join our Client Services team. Reporting to the Client Services Director, the role is expected to play a significant part in project delivery and structuring workflows. The role will work with predominantly one key FS client.
DAY-TO-DAY PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
- Be the consistent contact of your client throughout the process to guide them from initial discovery through to deployment of the final project.
- Manage multiple projects using processes and tools to perform successfully.
- Establish a project management flow at project initiation but understand the need to adaptively manage these projects throughout by controlling internal resources while consistently meeting client expectations.
- Understand and identify potential client development opportunities and continue to build relationships with clients outside of project time.
- Place a high importance on having non-transactional relationships with clients and learn about how to support them outside of assigned remit. This may be through bringing in another strategist to discuss an exciting opportunity that you identified, or turning a management presentation into a piece to camera.
- Responsible for managing all internal resources on a project.
- Work with the Resourcing Manager to allocate the time of creatives and production onto work, the Heads of Digital and Film to bring specialist knowledge as needed, and ensuring that there is good communication between senior colleagues (Partners, Consultants and other senior members of the Client Services team) and the wider business.
THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS MANAGEMENT:
- Manage sourced third-party assistance on projects such as copywriters, editors, printers, illustrators and as the project demands.
- Occasional need to source a new third party to provide a new service or offer a client a unique solution.
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT:
Contribute to pitch preparation and proposals.
Manage the pitch/proposal from start to finish, gathering and contributing to strategic insight as well as ensuring that all proposed ideas and solutions are technically robust.
Pitch yourself and represent the client services team in ad-hoc proposal and client development meetings as needed, discuss process for clients whenever it is necessary.
- Able to manage all aspects of the project lifecycle to an exceptionally high standard – budgets, project plans, briefs (writing and delivering), internal workflows, timescales and margins of jobs, managing internal stakeholders, managing third party suppliers.
- Confidence in working autonomously.
- Confidence in communicating with internal project stakeholders as required – this will include management of project issues and escalation of these issues as appropriate.
- Understanding of the consultancy environment and development process.
- Comfortable with, and experience of, direct client contact and management of client relationships.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Flexible approach with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- 3+ years in a project/account management role.
- Experience gained in a creative/design environment, bringing a rigour and understanding of the briefing and creative process to bear on projects.
- Experience in managing content, digital and film projects.
- Experience of project management systems – Paprika, Synergist, Salesforce etc.
A great time to join a busy and vibrant agency at a time of exponential growth. This role is outside IR35. Please get in contact for a confidential discussion. We regret only successful applicants will be contacted.