INTL SALES MANAGER to £67k plus 30%com
Position: Sales Manager - from 47.500 to 67,000
Location: West London UK
Department: International Advertising Sales
This is a fabulous job for a senior salesperson with international media sales experience and a focus on partnerships.
My client is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. They deliver over 8,000 hours of original programming each year and has category leadership across deeply loved content genres around the world. Available in 220 territories and nearly 50 languages.
Evolving within a dynamic Advertising Sales & Brand Partnerships team you will be working with global brands and agencies on international campaigns across their worldwide portfolio.
Objective of the role:
- You will work in coordination with the Sales Director to pro-actively source and develop strategic brand partnerships and solutions with global clients and agencies to contribute towards annual advertising sales revenue. The manager will be responsible for maximizing international sales opportunities across the portfolio including spot sales, sponsorship, branded content, on-ground, co-marketing and multi-media brand communications
- Strong commercial focus on revenue goal and generating high value sales opportunities
- Delivering international revenue objectives for allocated media agencies and client portfolio, working across multi-platform TV, web, app and social media opportunities, through advertising, content creation & on-ground activation; accurate weekly reporting across revenue, forecast, pipeline and diary priorities; ensuring regular follow up and updates based on sales targets
- Ownership of the sales process from prospecting to generating, negotiating and managing deals and securing repeat client investment.
- Developing new business opportunities and high quality, effective sales proposals in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Devise and implement a conversion strategy for non-advertisers and agree revenue optimization objectives across accounts with the Sales Director
- Develop strong relationships and maintain regular contact with media agencies across all relevant departments (strategy, planning, partnerships and trading), clients direct and third-party vendors
- Ensure the generation and delivery of successful client partnerships with dedicated support teams and oversee sales process with strong attention to detail e.g. planning, contracts, deal management, campaign reporting, invoicing etc
- Swift and successful integration into the sales team and wider business unit
- Acquire comprehensive understanding and ongoing knowledge of the global brand portfolio, sales rationale and evolving developments
- Professional ambassador for the our brand and participation within the annual calendar of Trade marketing activities
- Responsibility for any other ad-hoc duties required by the Sales Director, across the sales team and global network
- Flexible and collaborative self-starter with strong sales experience, preferably within an international media and/or commercial sports and entertainment environment, working across integrated brand solutions, and with a proven record of building innovative opportunities and proposals, selling and closing high value partnerships.
- Experience of managing and building effective relationships with multiple stakeholders (internal and external), working in a fast-paced multicultural environment and strong ability to strategically manage a budget and deliver on revenue targets.
- You will be committed, reliable, self-aware and respectful, with an understanding of the bigger business picture and show consideration for colleagues and partners, regardless of position or experience.
- Established international media agency and client direct relationships.
- You will be an enthusiastic and proactive team player and have excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, negotiation, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work across multiple projects and timelines/deadlines within a matrix organization.
- You will have a creative outlook, eager to contribute ideas and develop new ways of thinking and working.
- Ability to source relevant information and materials to develop strategic responses to client briefs.
- You will always be looking to learn and deepen your understanding of the media and sport/entertainment industry.
- Proficiency across Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- You will have experience of working across international cultures and be passionate about media and sport/entertainment.