Marketing Manager - Awards and Forums
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior marketing executive to step up into their next role as a marketing manager. The existing structure will also allow for the opportunity to learn and be mentored by the more senior marketeers in the Awards & Forums team.
The role is to manage the Marketing and your Marketing team across a portfolio of events primarily comprising Awards and/or Forums for Haymarket Business Media brands in their specific market sectors.
The marketing manager will line manage initially a marketing executive with the possibility of this increasing if required to up to three executives. They will also manage all aspects of marketing campaigns, from planning, through implementation to post event analysis. Driving paid entries and attendees to our Awards and delegates to our free to attend Forums across our Brands.
They will be part of a small marketing team and an events team who collectively deliver over 50 industry-leading events per year. They will also be part of, and supported by, a wider marketing community who drive divisional growth.
This role is also seen as a link between the events managers and other internal and external departments where we work closely on audience management, email fulfilment, performance analysis, web design.
A more detailed breakdown of tasks as follows:
- Actively manage the workload of yourself and your line report(s), and lead the team with new and innovative ideas.
- Train and mentor your report(s) by leading by example both by taking the lead on specific projects and by representing the team at internal / external meetings.
- Carry out regular appraisals and setting KPIs to support the development of your report(s)
- Work closely with the event managers at all levels to agree innovative, multi-channel digital marketing and promotional plans that take full account of the department’s accumulated knowledge and your specifically accumulated expertise.
Collaborate on all efforts to meet objectives and deliver budget-plus entries and attendance, thus driving contribution.
Liaise with relevant events managers to help define key target audience groups, agree a project marketing plan and deadlines, recommending or implementing changes where necessary.
- Work with the data team to identify key contacts, audience groups and insights for each project in the customer marketing database.
Develop an understanding of each project including awareness of where entries come from, whether there are additional potential customers outside the customer marketing database and how those potential customers can be reached. This process could mean leading the sourcing or building new contact lists.
- Work closely with event management and internal departments to deliver cross-channel marketing promoting the event and deadlines.
Apply all appropriate techniques and resources to optimising entry levels and event attendance. Channels will include email, social media, search engine marketing, telemarketing and paid-for social.
Effectively utilise brand channels including e-bulletins, event listings, editorial coverage and in-house ad campaigns, event industry directories, trade association discounts for members, editorial, newsletters from relevant organizations, Haymarket Events website, individual project web sites, e-commerce optimization.
Track audience engagement across these channels, using google analytics, email clients and more, and work with relevant Event Managers to increase these KPIs. Monitor email campaigns for effectiveness. Test subject lines/timings/content to ensure messaging is consistently reaching peak targets. Keep an ongoing calendar of weekly promotional emails going out and identify circumstances where more emails should be booked.
- Ensure their events websites effectively communicate the event proposition to our core audience and convert users to awards entries or forums registrations.
Ensure that all content remains up to date through the cycle of an Awards including updates preparing for the launch, key deadlines, shortlist announcement, dinner marketing timeline and to ensure that all online information regarding the shortlist and winners post event is ready to go live on the day of the event.
- Present your marketing plans and reports confidently to key internal stakeholders
- Work with event speakers and sponsors to gain their buy in to promote our events through their channels
- Develop and manage media partnerships with key associations, publications and trade bodies to enhance our products
- Manage relationships with printers, mailing houses, list brokers and other suppliers, and ensure they are invoiced and paid on time
- Keeping up to speed on new ways of working and innovations in marketing and share knowledge and best practice with the marketing community
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a degree in Marketing along with a minimum of 3 years marketing experience, ideally in a related field
- Experience with line management and developing junior team members
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and speech. Be able to write effective marketing copy to deliver key messages and encourage action
- Be creative, motivated, persuasive and determined to make a difference
Commercially minded with an interest in growing revenues around events
- Be excellent at dealing with people at all levels, both internally and externally
- Be excellent at managing and meeting deadlines, targets with an acute attention to detail
Be able to prioritise effectively and work across a number of deadlines and projects
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the dynamism, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with independence and integrity: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!