Client Engagement Director – UX Design Agency
Client Engagement Director – UX Design Agency – London or Bristol – to £75k
Internationally renowned experience design consultancy seeks a talented Client Engagement Director (Business Director / GAD / Client Partner equivalent) to work on one of the agency’s most successful mini business units.
The agency has offices in both central London and central Bristol - you can choose to work out of either.
This internationally renowned experience design consultancy work with some of the world’s biggest brands, making a difference to millions of people around the world.
Their mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives by helping organisations become more customer centric and thrive.
You’ll be working in the agency’s Financial Services mini business unit. Your role will be to help the agency to deepen their understanding of their clients’ needs, and to work with their UX consultants to develop programmes of work that transform their clients’ organisations.
Open Banking and regulatory change are transforming what was once a slow-moving financial services sector and there are lots of satisfyingly knotty problems to solve. The agency’s mission is to make this complex space more relevant, inclusive, fair and accessible to consumers, designing products and propositions that are easier to understand and use.
The Client Engagement Director Role
You’ll report into an Experience Strategy Director, bringing your understanding of their clients’ needs together with your knowledge about the agency’s skills and services.
You’ll map out their clients’ organisations to help the agency understand what makes them tick, their objectives and how the agency can support them to achieve their digital strategy.
You’ll also work collaboratively with the agency’s project managers, UX consultants, designers and front-end developers to shape and deliver projects.
You will also support the agency’s new business team, supporting the pitch / RFP process to ensure that the pitch team has a strategy for winning.
Skills, qualities and experience required
You’ll care as much as the agency do about the need to involve users in the design process - for them this is essential and not a ‘luxury’ that can be cut when budgets are tight.
- You’ll be an evangelist for user centred design
- You’ll have experience working on user centred design projects - where user research was used to identify opportunities and refine the emerging designs
- You’ll be able to demonstrate an awareness of the UX field (key themes, agencies, individuals)
- You’ll have great communication skills - the ability to listen, and to articulate complex ideas clearly, vividly, and concisely
- You’ll have gravitas - outstanding presentation, written, verbal and persuasion skills with the ability to ‘hold the room’ and tell a compelling story
- You’ll be fantastic at consultative selling and influencing and will have strong negotiation skills and great commercial awareness
- You’ll have a track record of building a sales pipeline, converting opportunities and growing accounts
- You’ll have experience of working with senior level clients to identify opportunities, set a vision for change, shape projects and set a shared vision for those projects
- You’ll demonstrate experience developing client relationships ‘up the chain’ within a client organisation, and of managing complex groups of stakeholders
- You’ll have experience of managing and meeting financial targets
- You’ll have the right to live and work in the UK
NB - Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for this job description! If you are excited about the opportunity and think you can achieve the outcomes they are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, please DO apply.
Salary & Benefits
This is a truly great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff.
You’ll also get a great package with a salary of between £55k - £65k if you are Bristol based or £63k - £75k if you are London based, 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, a contributory pension plan, a MacBook and other kit as needed.
The agency is committed to training and run an extensive training programme which will support both your individual needs and their business ambitions.