Account Director - B2B - Berkshire
My client is an internation B2B marketing agency and they are looking for a motivated B2B Account Director to join their team. This is an ideal role for an experienced digital savvy B2B technology marketer, looking for the next step in their career with a desire to work with a fast-paced growing team delivering innovative, integrated global campaigns.
Flexible working location, UK based (ability to trave to Berkshire office at least once a week)
The role will be working with some of the agencies major international accounts to help to develop ROI based marketing programmes aimed at end user (SMB to Enterprise) direct and through global system integrator audiences; utilising all of the marketing disciplines including brand development, content creation, creative concepts and execution, video, motion graphics, digital development and MarTech.
Their clients work in EMEA, APAC and North America so there is a requirement for flexibility in supporting this and there may also be a requirement for occasional travel.
As well as the core skills required to be an outstanding account director, the right candidate will have previous experience in agency technology client services roles. They will have demonstrable understanding and a desire to learn more in the areas of digital marketing, ABM, content marketing, creative concepts and execution, social media. A particular interest in understanding the forever developing MarTech stack is a key factor in our decision to recruit new team members into client services.
A talented and confident individual, with the ability to work autonomously within a larger team as well as drive and motivate team members, foster and grow existing relationships and develop new ones, they should consider growing client relationships a key aspect of their role.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for marketing and a desire to really understand client challenges, their business and their products. A broad experience of marketing is essential to support servicing of our technology clients.
What You’ll Do:
- Ability to plan strategically with a view to working as an extension of our clients’ marketing teams
- Knowledge across multiple channels to recommend activity suitable to any client brief.
- The personality to explain, sell and then help deliver a great idea to a client and within the team – tied to the people skills that can create and grow client relationships
- Build strong working relationships within the agency, with the ability to clearly define a creative or digital brief
- Management of financial forecasting across accounts for the year
- Leadership of a team
- Focus on generating new ideas to share across the agency
- An understanding and experience of the tech marketing sector brought with you from previous agency or direct client experience
- Lead Client contact across a range of tech marketing clients - maintaining established client relationships, developing more recently acquired client relationships - quickly winning their trust
- Strategic/ planning lead for these accounts, with foresight to structure a team that can deliver business as a result of these plans.
- Leading strategic workshops, producing strategic reports and directing/overseeing their implementation
- People management, ensuring healthy team spirit of co-operation and efficiency at all times.
- Responsible for the client team’s productivity, outlook and output, whilst achieving the highest possible standards.
- Ensuring quality control through supervision and stimulation to ensure best solutions always presented to client challenges
- Developing and challenging the team to facilitate growth, development and commitment to the agency
- Delegating appropriately
- Resource Management within the agency together with studio heads - to ensure all projects are given the attention they need, and equality of team workload
- Managing pitches and convincing prospective new clients
- Managing commercial success of accounts
- ensuring profitability/accountability
- tackling issues that are leading to unprofitability
- managing resource/investment of time/effort according to potential return
- managing and reporting accurate revenue figures
What You’ll Bring
- Has a good understanding of the B2B marketing Industry
- Strong digital marketing experience
- Approx. 5 yrs B2B agency or client-side marketing experience
- Has experience in managing small teams
- Project Managing Pan-EMEA or global Integrated Campaigns
We know what's important. There are many reasons why working this agency is the right career move. These are only a few reasons why:
- World class benefits
- Career development
- Profit share
- Competitive salaries
- Matched pension contribution
- Flex time
- Sabbatical after six years
- Paid parental leave