Head of Art – Fundraising Agency
3 days left
Head of Art – Fundraising Agency – Central London – To £60k
Friendly specialist fundraising agency seeks hands-on Head of Art with in-depth experience of digital and direct marketing.
A track record of working with charity / not-for-profit / fundraising clients would be a distinct advantage.
Based in Central London, this well-respected specialist fundraising agency is renowned throughout the sector for its expertise in direct marketing. Now it is looking for a talented new Head of Art to set the bar for quality.
The Head of Art role
As Head of Art, your role will be to provide a creative vision for the design team and the visual identity of the agency, and establish an environment for realising that vision. You will set a tone for your team that ensures the best fundraising techniques are used and improved upon where possible.
Your portfolio will be relevant and show a real flair for creative direct and digital marketing – work that demonstrates an understanding of the target audience and how to drive response. So much depends on charities meeting their fundraising targets as a result of the work the agency creates for them, so you will need a real affinity for the fundraising sector.
Effectively the ‘CEO’ of the design team, you will report into the Creative Director and be responsible for managing two Senior Art Directors, an Art Director and the studio (a Studio Head and Midweight Artworker). The creative department also has five Copywriters.
You may not have fully fledged leadership experience just yet, but the potential should be there for you to step up and lead within the next six months. The team you will manage are lovely people – this is a diva-free zone – but they have years of fundraising experience and therefore a level of gravitas is required.
During the pandemic, this role will be remote but partially office-based later in 2021.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To manage - or grow to manage - the design team and artwork studio, working in close cooperation with the Creative Director
- To distil abstract business concepts and client needs into great creative solutions
- Working to agreed briefs to oversee and approve the production of all design work in close liaison and cooperation with the writing team
- To support the expansion of the agency’s digital output
- To have strong (or potentially strong) people management and leadership skills in order to hire, develop and inspire the design team. To manage freelance support as and when needed
- To ensure appropriate creative work is developed according to agreed schedules and budgets, keeping a close eye on efficiency and use of resources
- To have strong pitching, presentation and people skills, with the ability to work with clients at all levels
- To help promote the agency, through blogging, speaking, attending client events or other opportunities as required
Essential experience required
- 10+ years’ experience of developing and designing creative ideas in digital and print
- In-depth experience of digital and direct marketing
- Excellent understanding of key creative software packages
- A blend of hands-on design and brilliant ideas
Desirable experience required
- Experience of through-the-line campaigns
- 3+ years’ fundraising experience
- Detailed knowledge of the fundraising market
- Direct marketing qualifications
Salary and benefits
The salary is up to £60k depending on experience.
If you are an existing Head of Art or a Senior Art Director looking to step up, please send us your portfolio as soon as possible.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.
Apply for Head of Art – Fundraising Agency
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly