Database Executive (Data Planner)
1 day left
Database Executive (Data Planner)
£29,830 - £32,970
The job of a Save the Children's UK Data Planner is varied and fulfilling.
- Do you have experience working in a Fundraising or Marketing environment?
- Do you have a logical approach to solving complex and technical problems?
- Do you have a passion for using data to optimise Fundraising and Marketing?
- Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn't just survive, but thrives, and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
Save the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children's unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
As data Planner you will use Adobe Campaign Manager (ACM) to select supporter’s information to receive correspondence from SCUK to uplifting engagement by improving workflows & being a technical expert to continuing improve marketing. You will ensure best practice use of supporter data and assist in the delivery of new data technologies and strategies that will help the organisation to achieve its longer-term ambitions for children.
In this exciting role, you will be able to flex and adapt – learning rapidly and responding to change, while keeping our supporters at the heart of everything you do. You will have your own personalised development plan and technical training, exposure to working in Agile methodology, apprenticeships are amongst some of the types of development on offer.
- To be deployed into mass supporter engagement squads as a source of expert knowledge, provide data planning expertise to the squad to facilitate the optimisation of all activities, e.g. testing strategies, targeting and segmentation opportunities and insightful interpretation of data, data management and reports.
- Assist in the implementation of new technology initiatives that will enable enhanced data capability for the team, e.g. automation of regular supporter communications, improved insight capabilities.
- Development of Adobe Campaign Manager selections, Data Virtualisation, testing, and implementation of digital platforms.
- Assist in planning processes within the organisation in order to better manage the delivery of key strategic initiatives and campaigns throughout the year.
- Provide relevant, accurate and timely data selections to enable exceptional communications to our supporters.
- Develop strong relationships with other squad members, in order to position data and insight at the heart of decision-making processes
- Assist in the implementation of new organisational initiatives where data planning can add significant value, e.g. improved supporter communication planning, supporter stewardship and supporter preferences.
- Work to all existing Quality Assurance processes within the team in order to minimise errors, and ensure that you keep up to date with changes in our regulatory and compliance context and that the types of workflows you build meet these requirements.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Experience creating logical queries to select audiences for marketing communications
- Experience of working in a Fundraising or Marketing environment.
- Ability to manage competing workloads alongside excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience building reports and providing commentary to inform marketing strategy and data selections
- Strong communication and influencing skills, both written and oral
- Superb attention to detail and a commitment to developing highest levels of data quality and integrity
- Logical approach to solving technical and complex problems
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience using relevant tools including Adobe Campaign Manager, Oracle SQL, FastStats and Data Virtualisation technology (desirable)
- Proactive approach to work and an enthusiasm to learn
- Superb work-ethic with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
- A passion for using data to optimise marketing and fundraising
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.