Present in over 100 countries and employing nearly 80,000 professionals, Publicis Groupe is the third largest communications group in the world. Active across the entire value chain, Publicis Groupe offers its major clients a transversal, unified and fluid model allowing them access to all the Groupe’s tools and expertise around the world through the mantra "The Power of One".
As Design Director, you will be able to quickly interpret business needs and client briefs and turn them into compelling creative solutions. Often working under tight deadlines while overseeing multiple projects, you must be a skilled manager of design teams. You are an effective communicator, especially when it comes to relaying creative concepts to design teams and company stakeholders. Always championing the excellence of craft and concept. A knowledge of 360 campaign thinking is a must – from OOH to Social content and platforms.
- Distil concepts and creatives needs into creative solutions.
- Take responsibility for the creative vision and the standard of output across team members who work under them.
- Pitch ideas confidently and present the creative vision clearly to clients, as well as communicate in the same manner to members of the creative team.
- Have strong people management and leadership skills in order to develop, and inspire the design team.
- Ensure that all of the organisation’s or client’s creative output/visuals are consistent with the overall brand.
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
- Support the Head of Design in elevating the design standards and mentoring of the team
- Be a champion of craft across all channels
To ensure this career opportunity is a suitable match for your experience and job search, we require the following:
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and determine a plan that will ensure they are met or exceeded.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate the creative vision, concepts, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders, internal teams, and clients.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Extensive supervisory experience (including leadership, team-building, and delegation) leading and managing a design team.
- A solid grasp of design history, photography and the visual arts, pop culture, and counterculture, fluency in current technology, politics, and a deep understanding of the zeitgeist of social tastes and current affairs.
As part of our dedication to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Groupe UK is committed to equal access to opportunity for people without regard to race, age, sex, disability, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for candidates with disabilities in our application process.
If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.