Digital Account Director
Spark Foundry makeup part of a thriving global media network and are part of the Publicis Groupe, one of the world’s leading communications groups.
We offer outstanding Learning and Development programmes and pride ourselves on having an industry-leading Accelerator Programme (our ‘Grad’/Entry Level programme for all entry-level hires) as well as programmes to develop each level. Every single member of staff has a personal development plan and we care about every individual’s career development equally.
The new Digital Account Director will play a leading role in the Spark Global team and work closely with the leadership team to take Spark’s digital offering forward. You will work closely with the Global Head of Digital & Innovation to drive the digital agenda for agency and client along with the Strategy & Planning Lead to play a key role working with the central digital activation team and local teams to translate strategy into innovative and effective activation.
You will work closely with the Global Head of Digital & Innovation to drive the digital agenda for the agency and client.
McCormick is the umbrella company for a range of herbs & spices and condiments that already have a large presence in the UK & EMEA. Since winning the EMEA business in 2020, we have taken them on a digital transformation journey with a focus on being a digital-first innovator in the FMCG space with tasks such as GA360 audience adoption and audience & time-triggered dynamic creative. McCormick are a "power of one" client so you'll also be able to work really collaboratively with the creative agency, content team & ecom. The year ahead for McCormick will be a huge learning curve with lots of opportunities to get involved in some award-worthy work from day one.
Marriott International is a global travel company encompassing 30+ brands including the W hotel, Sheraton and the luxury collection. We are a Publicis one team, blending the best of talent across Spark Foundry and Digitas. As the regional strategy and planning team, we work closely with Marriott to support their business growth, they are a collaborative partner and love to test and try new innovations.
To ensure this career opportunity is a suitable match for your experience and job search, we require the following:
- Digital strategy This role requires someone who is adept at translating a holistic strategy to digital. This means to take objectives, audience work, and trends, and ensure that these flow through digital in a non-siloed manner; using the power of each channel to harmonise with the overall campaign
- As well as thinking across channels, the digital AD must be grounded with a strong knowledge within channel and platform across search, social and programmatic. This knowledge is how to access audiences, the use of data in the platform, setting the correct success measures, and optimisation & evaluation
- Digital activation You should have experience working with platform experts to co-develop plans for within biddable platforms. Also to understand planning and buying when activating directly with publishers and tech partners
- A strong campaign set-up knowledge is required – adhering to taxonomy, knowledge of tagging, success measurement and defining KPIs, adserver set up etc
- Innovation and transformation The applicant should have a track record of delivering innovation to clients. This is either via a 70/20/10 approach to innovation, or from the likes of an innovation roadmap. Innovation can mean a lot of things - knowledge of emerging technologies like voice, chatbots etc, or simply helping clients test new opportunities such as the use of data or creative unit
- Management You should have experience leading a team of other digital strategists and have been responsible for nurturing their growth in their field. Team development is important at Spark, and we want to ensure that juniors can benefit from your knowledge
- As well as a direct team, you should have experience in leading in-platform executors to activate on your strategy and creating informal working groups and leading people more senior than yourself
We are diverse through our experience, people and the clients we look after - and we celebrate that diversity. Our people hold us accountable to our beliefs and via regular surveys and our grassroots D&I team, The Collective, and internal next-generation board, Firestarters, we hold regular events and work continually towards generating ideas, initiatives and educating our people to ensure we are a diverse and inclusive agency. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.