Senior SEO Manager
Digitas is where connected experiences bring brands to life.
Like the unicorn, Digitas is a rare beast, with strategy, technology, data, creativity and media under one roof. We believe in a different approach to designing experiences for brands.
The future lies in combining the memorability of brand thinking with the empathy of design thinking, as we believe brands should strive to create a Total Brand Experience. We create connected experiences through our capabilities in - Experience Consulting, Platforms & Products, Precision Media and CRM, Comms & Content.
We have a different way of working to most agencies, casting is a strategic deliverable, and we build multidisciplinary teams fluent in marketing and technology. We have a process for designed collaboration and we solve problems through making.
Digitas operates in 42 offices in 27 countries and is expanding rapidly with 3500+ employees and is part of the Publicis Groupe.
The Digitas Media Team delivers media services to clients across Display, Programmatic, Paid Social, Paid Search, SEO and Affiliates across teams in Edinburgh and London. Across these locations in Leith and East London, the team works with a broad range of clients varying from retail to travel and B2B.
Role context and overview
Senior SEO Managers are embedded into SEO client teams to lead SEO retainers, campaigns and implementation for clients. Responsible for providing an expert level SEO analysis including keyword research and targeting, competitor analysis, content and backlink audits and end to end outreach and engagement strategy creating effective online quality signals for our clients.
Seniors within the team have an expert level of SEO knowledge and act as leaders within the team for SEO expertise, client management, ideas, innovation and problem-solving.
SEO campaigns are a team effort and Senior SEO Managers work closely with other members of the SEO team, as well as with our Technical Search and Media Content team. Together this forms a complete SEO team around a client to produce best in class SEO campaigns that deliver against the client’s business goals and objectives.
The Senior Media Manager (SEO) will report to a Media Director (SEO) and may sometimes manage Media Manager (SEO) team members.
To ensure this career opportunity is a suitable match for your experience and job search, we require the following:
- Accountable for the implementation and delivery of high-level SEO campaigns according to the agreed SEO strategy, including activity planning and scheduling
- Responsible for all aspects of SEO analysis and delivery including keyword research, competitor analysis, content and backlink audits
- Responsible for external link development from campaign ideation through to execution and reporting
- Identifying opportunities to collaborate with journalists and influencers, pitching stories and spotting the best routes to gain timely press coverage for brands
- Responsible for leadership, knowledge sharing, innovation spotting and training
- Responsible for contributing to the continuing improvement of our SEO service
- Audience research and identification, blogger engagement and relationship management, trend spotting, content creation, social media activity and new technique innovation and implementation
- Identifying key opportunities including innovations and up and cross sells for clients
- Work towards client targets and goals within media campaigns
- Continuously increasing knowledge of media channels, particularly SEO and keeping up to date with the marketplace and industry and integrating these developments into client campaigns
- Working collaboratively with other parts of the business including wider Media, Professional and Client Services, Data, Creative, and always putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Effectively manage client communications
As part of our dedication to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Groupe UK is committed to equal access to opportunity for people without regard to race, age, sex, disability, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for candidates with disabilities in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.