Account Executive Apprenticeship
As Leo Burnett himself once said: “At the end of the day, we’re just people talking to people.”
And that sums up how we think. We never forget that on the other side of every screen, watching every ad or reading every tweet are people. Not just pairs of eyes with credit cards. But human beings, who want to be entertained, engaged and listened to.
Which is why we want to make work that connects on a human level. That everyone will love. Proudly populist creative work that makes people smile, laugh, cry and everything in between. Whether that’s through advertising or managing brand partnerships with our Sports + Entertainment team.
But it’s also why we believe in being decent human beings. Either to work with or to work for. Because putting people first is at the heart of everything we do.
We believe in the power of a strong, supportive and inclusive culture that puts people and creativity at the heart of everything we do. We pride ourselves on a genuinely friendly and informal style where everyone’s invited, and the collective is more important than the individual.
We know we’re still falling short when it comes to diversity – but we’re working on it. Really working on it.
We’ve created the Anti-Racism Collective, to actively advance racial equality within our agency and the industry, and track progress against our commitments, in order to redress the balance and better represent the society and culture we serve. We’re working with “Free the Work” to support makers and creators from a wider range of backgrounds and we’re working with all our clients to ensure we’re building brands that actively and positively portray all types of people.
It’s our distinctive approach, combined with our passion for populist creativity and relentless pursuit of excellence that makes Leo Burnett such a uniquely special and enjoyable place to work.
Bauer Academy Apprenticeship
Bauer Academy are part of Bauer Media - one of the world’s biggest media businesses and have a unique, industry-based perspective and access to outstanding resources. Pass rates for Bauer Academy’s apprenticeship programmes are 98% - 75% at merit or distinction, thanks to talented learners and Bauer Academy’s premium training, led by industry expert tutors who remain connected to Bauer Media.
Advertising & Media Executive level 3 offers a formal qualification and structured development for learners working in the media and advertising industry. It equips them with the latest industry knowledge, helping them to become innovative and proactive in their approach to campaigns and creative solutions. It incorporates the IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising) Foundation Certificate qualification and learners will specialise in either the creative or media part of the advertising process (although they will develop a solid understanding of both). The training takes 15 months followed by an endpoint assessment to achieve the qualification.
To be eligible you must:
- Spend at least 50% of your working hours in England over the duration of the apprenticeship programme
- Be either a citizen of the UK – a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) and have lived in the UK or EEA for the past 3 consecutive years, or have a certain type of immigration status exempting you from the 3-year residency rule
- Not already have significant skills and knowledge (through previous qualifications and/or work experience) related to the subject
As an Account Executive on McDonald’s you will be working on an established and thriving account within Leo Burnett, that is fast-paced and exciting. It’s a high-profile piece of business, with a large sociable team that touches all points of the agency right up to the CEO. You’ll be working 4 days a week on the McDonald’s account and have one day allocated to complete your learning as part of the apprenticeship scheme.
With a strong tone of voice and vast creative output, the Leo Burnett team creates hundreds of adverts a year across all touchpoints, including TV, radio, print and digital.
The role itself will span across multiple parts of the business, meaning there is always a fresh challenge ahead and new problems to get your teeth stuck into. Whether it is tempting people to try the latest burger innovation, redefining what the nation thinks about coffee, or getting as many kids as possible to swap fries for carrot sticks, there is no shortage of opportunities for an account executive to get involved in.
We are also proud of the strong relationship that we have with our clients, who are genuine and down-to-earth, core values we really think are essential here at Leo’s. We believe in making brilliant industry-leading creative work, whilst having fun along the way.
The role in the McDonald’s team will involve working as an Account Manager and Account Director, as you fit into the 20-person strong account team. It would suit a self-starter who is comfortable juggling multiple workstreams, is keen to learn and is highly organised.
With high levels of responsibility and regular access to senior people within the Agency, this position will provide an excellent opportunity to learn and create some of the best work in the business.
- Supporting the Account Director and Account Manager on the implementation of client projects so that they run smoothly and efficiently, from developing timelines and co-ordinating client approvals to preparing materials for client-facing meetings.
- Coordinating and managing pre-production and post-production across a variety of campaigns in all media – across ATL inc. digital.
- Developing strong agency relationships, to ensure that work is delivered efficiently and to the highest possible standard.
- Working collaboratively with other roster agencies to ensure the best possible creative product across all touch points.
- Building trust with clients through developing open and honest relationships.
- To regularly share external inspiration and case studies both internally and with the client.
- To manage day to day finances and make sure all jobs are reconciled in a timely manner and are on budget.
- As the Advertising & Media Executive apprenticeship qualification is an integral part of this role, to ensure that learning is prioritised alongside the other demands of the job – ensuring that workshop attendance, resource and assignment completion, and monthly apprenticeship time logs all meet the required standards
What we are looking for:
To ensure this career opportunity is a suitable match for your experience and job search, we require the following:
The candidate needs to have a strong desire to work in the creative industries and a thirst to learn about how to make compelling communications. They should be interested in good ideas and how they can solve business problems.
They need to be proactive, able to drive projects forward and make things happen. They should be able to demonstrate how they have worked independently. They need to feel confident working in a fast-paced environment while sharing their own learning and expertise.
- Must have excellent people skills and be able to work closely with their team, the creative department, other agencies and clients. A can-do attitude is a must!
- They need a passion for creative work and an ambition to always deliver the best creative product.
- They must be articulate and persuasive.
- They must be flexible and have the drive to get ‘stuck in’ with every project – doing what’s needed to make things happen or looking for ways of improving
- They should set the highest of standards, be well-organised and take pride in their attention to detail.
- They need to be a constant source of inspiration to the team through relentlessly looking for a different approach in everything they do.
- They must have an inclusive mindset and promote diversity and inclusion.
- Great at time management, prioritising and multi-tasking
‘Diversity and inclusion is a core part of our DNA at Publicis UK. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, celebrates and supports our wonderfully diverse employee group irrelevant of their age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability or ethnicity. Diversity and inclusion fuels our creativity and innovation, it enables us to be closer to our people and audiences. We will continue to strive to create a culture and environment where everyone feels empowered and more importantly comfortable enough to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.