Junior Paid Search Manager
Are you interested in languages, education and technology and want to work in one of the world's best EdTech scale-ups? Then join us and be part of an ambitious and talented team that revolutionises how we learn languages.
Busuu makes learning a language easier for everyone, providing the technology needed to learn flexibly and effectively, without the need for a classroom.
Our vision is to break down language barriers by providing the closest experience to living in another country, through intelligent learning enriched by interactions with native speakers. Busuu is the world's largest language learning community, impacting the lives of over 100 million users in 190 countries, and growing at up to 30,000 new users per day. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with instant feedback from our global community of native speakers and live tutoring from qualified teachers across the world.
If you want to work with smart, creative, energetic people and possess the initiative, confidence and good judgement to make independent decisions every day - then you’d be a great addition to our growing team.
We are looking for a Junior Paid Search Manager to join our growing team to help scale users and revenues globally. Working across both web and mobile/app environments, you will develop a strategy that maximises growth and ROI. Working with our Paid Search Manager, you will help create a test-learn-optimise culture, balancing creative, spend and keyword optimisation to deliver against business objectives.
- Execute our global paid search strategy across both mobile and web environments/platforms with a heavy focus on Google Ads (UAC and web) but also working on Bing, Yandex etc
- Work collaboratively with a team of channel specialists, creating a high performing culture based on test-learn-optimise methodology
- Working with internal and external design/copy teams, drive the creative process to maximise performance at scale, ensuring relevance within each market/audience segment/platform
- Remain curious, continuously running experiments and working with the Insights and Analytics team to identify growth opportunities
- Support the development of a central messaging matrix to inform targeting and improve performance
- Working with our dedicated Google Account team to optimise performance and identify new growth opportunities
- Be the paid search expert within the business, sharing insights, best practise and results
- 2+ years experience in paid search for a mobile/app first company looking for an opportunity to scale a global, mobile-first business
- You will be naturally curious, with the ability to ask the right questions in order to optimise performance
- A blend of analyst and leader, you will enjoy reviewing results as much as inspiring your team to be creative and deliver growth
- Experience of scaling campaigns globally, across both mobile and web environments
- Proven experience working to large monthly budgets and deploying them effectively globally
- A strong understanding of the attribution ecosystem (MMPs) and the data infrastructure behind it. Experience working with custom attribution models is a bonus.
- Ideally you will have an advanced degree in a related field and experience working in a scale-up or a strong e-commerce B2C brand
We are constantly reviewing government guidelines and adapting accordingly to accommodate the physical and mental wellbeing of our employees. In the current global climate, some of our team events are virtual and some of our benefits have been amended.
In return we will ensure that you have:
- Working from office is available as an option while following strict social distancing
- Private health insurance
- Company team events, virtual socials, and other activities
- Training budget, so you can learn more in your field, attend conferences and events that you find interesting
- Perkbox subscription with a lot of great benefits
- Weekly virtual yoga
- Pension contributions
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Well-equipped offices with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
What happens next?
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for this role has the following 4 steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible and update you on the next steps
- Let’s chat - Quick chat with a member of our team about your experience and the role
- Meet the team - 1 hour meeting with the wider team
- Test - You will be asked to complete a 90-minute home test which will include a spreadsheet exercise
- Executive interview - 1h interview with our Director of Demand Generation
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.