Marketing Executive, Awards & Forums
Haymarket Media Group is a global media, data information and analytics company. Our purpose is to create trusted, premium specialist media brands that build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations.
To manage the marketing across a portfolio of events primarily comprising Awards and/or Forums for Haymarket Business Media brands in their specific market sectors reporting to and working with the more senior members of the marketing and broader events team.
Background for the role:
Marketing is a key part of the success of our events. It allows us to communicate directly with both our audiences and our clients and shapes the promotional strategy actioned by the Brand’s website and the content on our website.
The main remit of the marketing executive is to support product growth by delivering a multi-channel campaign to the relevant brand audience, identifying and communicating with new potential customers and increasing the number of entries from existing clients. You will also work as a link between the events managers and other internal and external departments where we work closely on audience management, email fulfilment, performance analysis, web design.
They will be part of a small marketing team and an events team who collectively deliver over 50 industry-leading events per year. They will also be part of, and supported by, a wider marketing community who drive divisional growth.
- Work closely with the event managers at all levels to ensure that the marketing and promotional plans take full account of the department’s accumulated knowledge and your specifically accumulated expertise.
- Liaise with relevant events managers to define key target audience groups, agree a project marketing plan and deadlines, recommending or implementing changes where necessary.
- Work closely with event management and internal departments to deliver cross-channel marketing promoting the event and deadlines.
- Ensure their events websites effectively communicate the event proposition to our core audience and convert users to awards entries or forums registrations.
- You will innovate and explore utilising new or currently unused channels to market, including instagram, tiktok and clubhouse and to work closely with the event coordinators and event managers to enhance the social media awareness and interest around each project.
- Ensure that our external web suppliers work effectively and efficiently with Haymarket Events on all awards sites.
- Be able to work on the Eventsforce or equivalent entry system, by launching and working on the system to ensure each event is launched on time.
- To cascade all changes clearly to the event managers on best practice, changes within the event management system, or key changes or issues that have affected one events manager and may therefore have an impact on the whole team.
- To be aware of the relevant industry sector events where marketing may be able to enhance our reach into the sector. To possibly attend, with the relevant events manager, any industry exhibitions or shows to gain further insight into the sector and build new data.
- Build relationships with Haymarket’s brand teams to ensure the Awards marketing effort is respected and then enhanced by working more closely with the brands.
- Build relationships with external suppliers/ contacts where applicable such as Boost Marketing, Awards Intelligence, The Year Ahead, and PR Companies to promote Haymarket Events and our Awards on external websites etc.
The role is a junior marketing role, suited ideally for someone who has some experience in events and media. We expect the person to show key marketing skills and have a focus on the digital aspect of the role, reflecting the marketing industry's direction, and experience working with content management systems to maintain websites.
The role will be across a number of events so being able to prioritise effectively and work across a number of deadlines and projects is a key attribute required.
You will find the role requires high standards of numeracy and literacy, the ability to interact well with colleagues both in the department and externally, a good sense of humour whilst being able to work in a department driven by deadlines and events. It may mean that some out of hours work is necessary due to the nature of the role.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the innovation, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with integrity and respect: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!