Digital Account Manager
Starcom is the Human Experience Company; we believe that our clients’ competitive advantage lies in understanding people better, and acting on that understanding faster than the competition.
The future lies in bringing together media, creativity and data to create powerful experiences that will drive faster growth. We are the flagship Publicis Media agency to do this through our Power of One client teams that span clients such as Stellantis, P&G, Samsung, P&O and Visa.
We work differently from most agencies and base many of our models on consultancy ways of working to build a more agile workforce in this hybrid world. We complement our account teams with Squads – small teams that work for a short period to solve a specific brief. We hold cross-discipline Sprints to crack client briefs at speed. These processes are designed to fuel high performance and fast results through collaboration.
Even in this most challenging period, Starcom has had an exceptional 12 months. We have welcomed brilliant clients such as Stellantis, Ferrero, Axa, KP Snacks and E.ON into the fold. Our client satisfaction scores are among the highest in the market, significantly above agency norms. We place a huge focus on our team and have driven flagship D&I and L&D programmes within Publicis Media; our goal is to help every individual reach their fullest potential and we encourage everyone to make “Brave Plays” in how they approach their work and their own career development. As a result, we have an exceptionally energised and committed talent base, all of us proud of our welcoming and supportive culture, as evidenced by our recognition as one of Campaign’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
Starcom operates in over 100 markets across the world. We have very close ties to our global HQ in Chicago who encourage learning and sharing best practices with our colleagues around the world. We are part of Publicis Groupe.
The role of the Digital Account Manager in the Visa central hub team is critical to the success of Visa European Client Service team, especially in the effort to deliver a Data-Driven Marketing agenda, with the goal to be one of the most data-driven marketers globally. As investment into digital channels increases YoY for Visa, you will take ownership for one of their core strategic marketing channels for future growth, with a focus on programmatic, search, social and partnerships, cultivating new and exciting solutions that answer the clients key business goals.
As part of your responsibilities, you will help the team push forward with best-in-class digital planning expertise, across programmatic, search and social. You will focus on helping upskill the junior team members in performance-based planning, understanding the relationship between DR activation and brand.
You will also oversee an Account Executive and a Senior Account Executive within the digital planning team, managing their overall output, ensuring consistency in quality of work and adherence to global ad quality standards and ways of working. Doing so, whilst owning a specific cluster within the European region (approx. 14 markets), working closely with local Starcom teams and Visa clients across these markets.
You’ll be sitting in the central hub team (Europe), which is seen as the best-in-class region within Visa global network to implement great work within digital, ad quality and learning. Each year, we have showcased to clients, outside box thinking, aided in their structural changes and developed standard operating procedures that enhance our ways of working.
This is a newly created role in a diverse Starcom Global Alcon team based in London, which leads an Alcon Global Agency community of 100+ team members across 30 active countries around the world from the USA to Australia. The high-profile nature of this role puts you in day to day collaboration with senior partners around the world including the C-suite from both client and agency teams.
Visa is the agency’s flagship fintech client, leading the pack with approximately $21 billion in revenue. Their position means that they want to be set up to deliver innovative, forward-thinking communications strategies on a platform of proven media success. They are a leader in their industry and want to be seen as such, with large key initiatives/partnerships, driving Women in Football, the Olympics, FIFA as well as supporting small businesses within local communities.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments.
They operate one of the world's most advanced processing networks — VisaNet — that is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second, with fraud protection for consumers and assured payment for merchants. Visa is not a bank and does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations, however, enable its financial institution customers to offer consumers more choices: pay now with debit, pay ahead of time with prepaid or pay later with credit products
Under the direction of the Account Director, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and growing your team in their roles to run the day-to-day business;
- Contributing to high-level meetings with exposure to senior clients and partner agencies;
- Deliver Regional reports on the status of media plans to Visa;
- Provide reports and reviews of new media opportunities and relevant consumer insight;
- Building a strong working relationship with counterparts in the local Starcom hub markets;
- Contribute to and work closely with our creative, digital and production partners in Saatchi, Prodigious & Digitas and other agency teams;
- Contribute to New business pitches & in-agency innovation & strategic initiatives
The successful candidate must be able to draw upon a range of skillsets to perform their role:
- Strong experience in media strategy, planning, buying and activation in any domestic, preferably a similar role
- Background within media agency, insight or digital
- Understand the complexity’s between all digital channels and how they interlink – Be able to make recommendations cross-platform
- Interest in digital media, content strategy and measurement would be helpful
- Strong communicator and team player
- Good project coordination skills and ability to set and implement effective project plans and timelines
- Problem solver who learns from mistakes and is looking for new approaches and solutions in addressing issues
- Meaningful contributor to deliver best-in-class work to clients and teams
- A hunger for data and consumer understanding and a thirst for innovation, driving the ability to discover and distil new opportunities into relevant, viable and actionable ideas and solutions that will deliver stronger communications for our clients
- Previous experience in a global team is not essential
- Understanding of industry tools and systems especially digital insight tools
- Knowledge of key media terminology and practices across different markets
- Strong grasp of the communications planning process and an understanding of how digital channels can work alongside other media
- Multi-lingual is an advantage, but not essential
Starcom is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.