Starcom is the Human Experience Company; we believe that our clients’ competitive advantage lies in understanding people better, and acting on that understanding faster than the competition.
The future lies in bringing together media, creativity and data to create powerful experiences that will drive faster growth. We are the flagship Publicis Media agency to do this through our Power of One client teams that span clients such as Stellantis, P&G, Samsung, P&O and Visa.
We work differently to most agencies and base many of our models on consultancy ways of working to build a more agile workforce in this hybrid world. We complement our account teams with Squads – small teams that work for a short period to solve a specific brief. We hold cross-discipline Sprints to crack client briefs at speed. These processes are designed to fuel high performance and fast results through collaboration.
Even in this most challenging period, Starcom has had an exceptional 12 months. We have welcomed brilliant clients such as Stellantis, Ferrero, Axa, KP Snacks and E.ON into the fold. Our client satisfaction scores are among the highest in the market, significantly above agency norms. We place a huge focus on our team and have driven flagship D&I and L&D programmes within Publicis Media; our goal is to help every individual reach their fullest potential and we encourage everyone to make “Brave Plays” in how they approach their work and their own career development. As a result, we have an exceptionally energised and committed talent base, all of us proud of our welcoming and supportive culture, as evidenced by our recognition as one of Campaign’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
Starcom operates in over 100 markets across the world. We have very close ties to our global HQ in Chicago who encourage learning and sharing best practices with our colleagues around the world. We are part of Publicis Groupe.
Starcom is the Human Experience Company; we believe that our clients’ competitive advantage lies in understanding people better and acting on that understanding faster than the competition.
One Publicis Team Samsung is our integrated agency solution for the entire Samsung Media, digital and CRM business. Starcom operates closely with our other Groupe agencies BBH and Digitas to deliver end to end transformative solutions to drive personalisation at scale. We also work closely in partnership with Samsung’s other roster agency partners with holistic solutions to power their growth. Samsung has a wide array of the world’s most innovative consumer electronics products, across Mobile, Computing and Home Appliances and is also increasingly a direct to consumer retailer, giving us brilliant opportunities to deliver best in class through the line solutions. This is a fantastic client to work on to help them unlock growth in a platform world.
The Strategy function on Samsung operates as a hub connecting the Analytics and Insights team, DDT (Digital, Data and Technology) and the comms planning teams
As Strategy Manager you will help to drive the strategic direction of our work across OPTS, ensuring our team are equipped with best-in-class business intelligence and thought leadership. You will have three overarching responsibilities that directly relate to our agency Growth Pillars and internal Expectations Framework.
1. Growth for Clients: our goal is to create brilliant experiences that drive faster growth for our clients, and you will work with various teams within the broader Publicis Media organisation (Content, Sports, Data and Commerce Practices) to do so. Specific responsibilities are:
- Support the Strategy Director in setting the strategic vision for how comms will drive future growth for Samsung
- Be the expert in consumer electronics insight, with a deep knowledge of all resources and strong relationships with relevant suppliers
- Develop ‘pre-planning’ for all major launch campaigns, featuring category, competitor, consumer, and cultural context
- Support the Planning teams in producing comms strategies which are clear, smart and make plain the role of each discipline/channel
2. Develop a Growth Team: You will have the chance to be a major contributor in shaping the culture of the teams that work in the agency. Specifically:
- Radiate your automotive category expertise across OTS, ensuring every team member has their finger on the pulse
- Be a sounding board for all Planners, offering support throughout the planning process
- Collaborate with OPTS Analytics, Data Strategy & Commerce leads to uncover new types of business intelligence
- Understand each Samsung division’s business and identify and share category news
3. Drive Growth for Starcom: You are an ambassador for the Starcom brand and will be part of helping us build an exceptional reputation both within Publicis Groupe and with external partners. Specifically:
- Through your work on Samsung, help to shape the direction of Starcom’s “Driven by Intelligence” proposition and product
- Have a sound level of understanding of all Pub Media capabilities in order to intelligently cross/up-sell agency services (esp. insight)
- Contribute to award winning work
- Contribute to new business
- Prior experience working in media/comms planning, strategy, or insight role
- Building long lasting relationships with clients and stakeholders
- An expert in media planning tools, systems, and resources
- Ability to immerse oneself within the client vertical, and develop focused strategic media thinking as a result
- A creative spark, who is constantly seeking the new and different
- Whole brained, and as comfortable provoking creativity as analysing performance data
- A team player who is happy collaborating with stakeholders internally and externally
- Technology category experience not essential, but a desire to shake up the category is!
Starcom is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.