Our client, based in London is a world-leading commercial gallery for Modern and Contemporary art is looking for an innovative UX Designer to join their Digital Product team to aid in the expansion of the gallery's digital product portfolio capabilities.
The ideal candidate is not strictly driven by typical art-industry design conventions, but rather can express new visual perspectives and draw web design inspiration from the wider contemporary digital landscape, user experience research, and user journey analysis.
Expectations for this role include creating mobile-first web-based page templates that are driven by beautiful interaction elements, with story-driven design, and best-in-class user experience.
The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of design fundamentals which translate to digital experiences that provide innovative rich, immersive content experiences, appeal to global audiences, and engage new site visitors.
Not only do you think deeply about user interaction and information architecture, but you create smart experiences that excite users to engage deeply with your designs. Preferably, you have some commercial experience within an agency environment.
- Act as key stakeholder in the continued development of their digital brand identity. Be a guardian of upholding these brand standards.
- Audit and analyse current website user journey. Offer insights and recommendations to improve user experience and taxonomy on an ongoing basis as business needs evolve.
- Collaborate with Digital Product Manager and other Product team members to ensure complete understanding of project briefs as they pertain to visual design elements and user experience expectations.
- Quickly translate ideas into sketches, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- Create web templates for a variety of campaign types, both in a brochure-site environment and online sales funnel user journeys.
- Take key responsibility for designing and directing web developers to build pixel-perfect frontend experiences.
- Own project visual design production and remain highly organized throughout revisions process, from project kickoff through final approvals and go-live.
- Work directly with web developers to negotiate best approaches to complex user journeys.
- Collaborate with marketing and other team members to create parallel assets for A/B testing.
- Research industry trends to present ideas and concepts for timely digital innovation.
- Approach all projects with a positive attitude and a problem-solving perspective.
Skills & Requirements:
- Must have commercial experience within UX Design
- A creative thinker who is adept at using data, design and their creativity to inspire others to deliver the very best and most effective User journey's & interfaces.
- A person obsessed with design-related problem solving and finding balance between simplicity for users and rich storytelling / interaction for brands.
- Proven experience in leading a multidisciplinary team to create differentiated User Experiences.
- Demonstration of User Journey mapping skills to drive innovation and problem solving.
- Experience as a graphic web and user experience designer, preferably with background in a consumer digital business or digital product team environment.
- Experience in the design thinking process, agile development, and lean startup methodologies.
- Strong experience using design software, including Adobe suite and InDesign.
- Must be fluent in design presentation and prototyping software including InVision, Zeplin, Sketch, Figma, or similar software.
- Comfortable working in frontend design implementation with HTML & CSS.
- Proven ability to embody brand guidelines to create cohesive multi-channel visual assets.
- Experience or willingness to learn WCAG and ADA (Americans with Disabilities) accessibility best practices for web.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems, mitigate risk, make decisions, and communicate effectively under tight deadlines and challenging situations.
- An understanding of ever-changing best practices and innovations in the digital landscape.
- An interest in art is important, but prior roles within art institutions or designing for an art gallery is not required.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.