Reporting to: Communications and engagement manager
Contract Term: Permanent, part time
Location: Based in Milton Keynes (flexible arrangements considered)
Salary: £15,000 p.a. (£25,000 FTE)
Hours: 22.5 per week, Monday to Friday
Working as part of the communications and engagement team and closely with this charity's workforce, the communications officer will support the successful implementation of the organisation's PR and marketing strategies. The post holder will provide creative, flexible and measurable communications solutions that meet the charity's overall aims. In so doing, they will ensure consistency of messaging and branding across the organisation and will strengthen its external profile and activities with key stakeholders, funding bodies, supporters, volunteers and within the third sector in general.
Duties and responsibilities
- Play a part in executing the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the organisation to ensure its effectiveness and increase reach and relevance.
- Feature on social media rota, creating dynamic, accessible, compelling and sharable on brand content across all the organisation’s platforms.
- Assist with monitoring social media campaigns, ensuring quality control, consistency of approach and accuracy.
- Keep finger firmly on pulse of news, policy developments and daily social media trends and work flexibly to involve this charity in such trends.
- Regularly feedback on insights gained from social media monitoring to relevant staff teams.
- Produce effective, accessible and engaging content for digital and print. Copywriting and proofing.
- Be proactive in working with individuals from other departments to generate diverse, compelling digital content that engages and informs our audiences, ensuring consistency and alignment with tone of voice and brand guidelines.
- Manage and maintain case study log, writing up case studies as they come in.
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists and press, engaging with journalists to secure coverage for this charity and promote the organisation on a national and regional level.
- Writing and distributing press releases.
- Support management of PR campaigns for key events in line with the PR strategy and monitor their reach and delivery.
- Support the further development of the organisation's ambassador programme.
- Engage with high-profile individuals to improve the reach and reputation of this charity.
- Track and maintain log of cuttings and coverage.
- To provide support for this charity’s events, providing marketing materials or attending the event to provide social media coverage and photography.
- To support teams with their requirements in respect of new or revised marketing materials, liaising with external designers where necessary.
- Promote inclusion, celebrate diversity and positively challenge stereotypes. Administrative support within communications and engagement team.
- Play an active part in team and staff meetings.
- Work in accordance with this charity's mission, strategy and values.
Reporting and line management
- Report to Communications coordinator, within the Communications and Engagement team on all aspects of work and engage in performance appraisal as required.
- Carry out all such duties and activities as determined by the Head of communications and engagement and/or PR and Communications coordinator
- Deadline for applications: Friday 6 August 2021
- Interviews: Thursday 19 August and Friday 20 August 2021
- Start date: ASAP
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application.
This charity is committed to eliminating unlawful discrimination and promoting equality and diversity in its own policies, practices and procedures and in those areas in which it has influence.
No agencies please.