This agency is an independent, creatively driven full service experience marketing agency. For over a century we’ve been partnering with the world’s top brands to deliver creative solutions that make a real difference. Our ideas create impact, inspire audiences and grow business.
Today, we still answer to no one but ourselves. Our business is our business. And that means we focus on what we do best - and how best to do it. It’s an independence that gives us the freedom to be totally transparent. A liberation that keeps us flexible, practical and positively realistic.
Our clear strategic thinking and perceptive creative, breathes life into brands. It’s what turns our goals – and those of our clients, into results. We’re happy working wherever the brief takes us. At home or abroad. On the huge or the hugely important. Our scalability enables us to answer briefs of all shapes and sizes - effectively and efficiently.
And the next 100 years? We’ve a lot planned. And big ambitions to address. Starting today. We’re a hungry agency - more committed and driven than ever. We’ll continue to evolve. To grow. And to search for new disciplines and channels that match the aspirations and vision of our clients. Those we already work with, and those we’ve yet to meet.
One thing’s certain. We won’t stand still. We never have. If we had, we wouldn’t have come this far.
Whilst we value working alone, we are a collaborative, predominantly face to face organisation and pride ourselves on working together to bounce ideas and support our clients. We have a fantastic, creatively designed space which promotes team work at bankside in London and expect our employees to be in the office at least 60% of the time. This is why we have introduced our 3:2 working model which requires all employees to be in the office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays.
This is the world's premier event marketing and experience marketing agency. We work with leading global companies who are looking for innovative experiential marketing solutions. To motivate their customers and create value for their brands through live experiences.
To maintain our position at the forefront of change requires strategic thinking that pushes us to imagine, design, build, and manage the most innovative, successful, and award-winning experiential marketing programmes in the world. Great strategy is the springboard to game changing creativity.
The Strategy Department is responsible for supporting the agency in three areas, Clients, Creative and Culture.
- Lead the origination of knowledge and insight for our clients; to provide our client account teams with supportive rigour for our consultative process
- Oversee the development and management of approaches to experience planning – a combination of creating bespoke and using trusted methodologies
- Assist the client account teams to implement ongoing action plans designed to achieve long term growth
- Ensure that agency is continually delivering measurement and evaluation systems to underpin effectiveness. Lead the development of data and research capabilities
- Build effective client relationships, able to understand and respond the client's agenda and is able to help unlock future client opportunities
- Oversee the creative planning function with creative brief development, including audience insight generation; distilling client briefs to clear business challenges/purpose and single-minded propositions, to inform the development of the creative process
- Act as a guardian for our client’s business interests, understanding how they intersect with audience needs and where value can be achieved
- Provide expert support in audience trends helping to design audience centric solutions and audience journey planning
- Collaborate with creative/digital leadership to ensure we are at the forefront in understanding trends in brand architecture, marketing communication technologies, especially in relation to the event and experience industry
- Ensure the inclusion of strategic rigour in projects, fostering a culture of consumer centricity, effectiveness and continuous improvement across the agency
- Support the development of new agency tools and capabilities
- Creative problem solving for projects, processes & account strategy
As Senior Strategist you will be responsible for supporting the department’s delivery of client service strategic and creative planning capabilities for the agency’s largest account (global tech leader). You will work with both the local strategy team and as part of a global network which services the account worldwide.
Supporting the strategy and client leads in developing our knowledge and insight. Ensuring that we have the information which directs and validates our strategic counsel and creative platform generation.
- Be a trusted member of the strategy team. Providing the client service leads with ongoing and well supported insight development. To underpin our proposals and recommendations to clients on strategic communication issues, across allocated accounts
- Support the development of client account planning, as required, look for incremental revenue opportunities
- Be a go-to-person on the account. Presenting alongside account management leadership, running workshops, attending key meetings & adding value
- Assisting client teams to establish clear metrics to evaluate the achievement of client marketing objectives and aggregating the information for presentation
- Lead the research, knowledge and recommendations for client involvement in industry 3rd party events. Put forward opportunities for thought leaders to speak at relevant events and trade/sector content initiatives
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day strategic support for assigned clients
- An understanding of and able to take direction on the implementation of research projects and data analysis and application – lead/inform client workshops
- Take ownership of category and industry insight analysis
Creative Strategy and Planning
- Support the creative brief writing process with audience insight research and client product/service category investigation
- An understanding of and able to take direction on the implementation and development of consumer journey communications planning
- Oversee the creative process from a strategic perspective, helping to ensure solutions are strategically sound and assisting creative colleagues with identifying the right opportunities
- Help to mentor less experienced members of the team in strategic thinking & communications
- Act as a knowledgeable partner to colleagues and clients alike
- Support with the development of thought leadership or marketing initiatives where necessary
- Attend industry events and provide feedback for the team
- Collaborate with global colleagues to build shared expertise and community
- You have the ability to work on personally managed timelines and balance work to meet deadlines
- You have self-confidence balanced by humility. A sense of humour and sense of fun
- You’re committed to producing high-caliber, exciting, authentic work, motivated by the idea of elevating what’s been before
- You’re a positive, proactive presence, who shows eagerness to learn and develop in a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to earn respect and have the authority to persuade and ‘sell’ insights internally/externally
- You’re hard working, results-driven, self-starter, and one that gets things done
- You are a natural collaborator; enjoys working with others and interested in hearing all voices in a room
- You’re a creative problem solver
Your Background, Skills & Experience
To include some or all of the following:
- Proven experience in a strategic communications role in an agency or consultancy context with strong track record
- Client experience consistent with a brand of our clients stature
- Exhibit a clear understanding of general marketing and event marketing practices, terminology, strategy/planning methodologies, and in-market execution of concepts
- Progressive familiarity with the broad range of key industry tradeshows and conference events globally and knowledge of best-practice brand experience activations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to lead on presentations
- Comfortable working in a high-performance fast-paced environment
- Interest and understanding of the technology sector; key players & products, especially as they relate to a B2B context
- Progressive understanding of the creative process, especially in respect to event and experiential branded environments
- Able to transform research into actionable insight. Has clearly formed opinions
- Degree level, or equivalent is highly desirable
- Confident presentation skills, comfortable presenting agency strategic counsel to senior colleagues and clients