Features Editor, Campaign
Features editor, Campaign
Haymarket Media Group is a global media, data information and analytics company. Our purpose is to create trusted, premium specialist media brands that build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations.
The features editor is responsible for writing and commissioning a range of longer-form content for Campaign, including features, interviews, analysis and opinion articles for both online and in print.
A highly organised individual, the features editor will oversee long-form projects that lead the industry conversation alongside more reactive analysis of major stories.
He or she will also maintain a patch of contacts in the industry and contribute news.
- Commission and edit features for the Campaign magazine and website
- Research and write analysis, features, opinion pieces and news articles to the highest journalistic standards.
- Maintain and develop key contacts with a view to spotting major issues, themes and topics for debate that will inspire Campaign readers, both in print and online.
- Contribute to, and help commission, Campaign’s major editorial projects.
- Work with the UK editor and deputy editor to ensure Campaign has a regular flow of content
- Regularly review and react to analytics to ensure Campaign’s features are engaging its audience.
- Manage and edit external columnists’ copy.
- Liaise with the art and production desk about photography, images, page furniture (headlines, captions etc) for features and longer-form articles, and discuss layout ideas.
- Attend and contribute to Campaign’s video, audio and live content, including working with commercial partners.
- Act as a media spokesperson for the brand and speak at live events, as and when required.
- Previous experience in journalism, including experience of writing and commissioning news, analysis and features.
- Knowledge of the advertising, media and marketing sector, its key players and the current issues facing it would be an advantage.
- Experience of public speaking and presenting to audiences.
Skills and attributes
- Excellent writing and journalistic skills.
- An ability to balance multiple responsibilities and combine a pipeline of shorter and longer-form articles.
- A high level of organisational skills in order to manage a varied features list.
- A willingness to travel in the UK and abroad and work outside the standard office hours.
- A good knowledge of media and employment law.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the innovation, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with integrity and respect: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!