SEO Manager - Luxury Travel
London & remote
The Company & Opportunity:
From humble beginnings focusing on skiing holidays, this company has now grown to well over 400 people and are the market leader in multi-purpose luxury travel. They have a few leading brands under their umbrella that are all consistent with their luxury focus. The fairly recent hiring of a new CMO has turned their attention to developing their in-house digital team, with the view to cut reliance on external digital agencies. Despite the implications of Covid on the business, they are resilient and determined to get back on the growth path.
As SEO Manager you will be mostly responsible for all technical aspects of SEO across the company group, including growing this key marketing channel in core markets - the UK, US, Singapore and Hong Kong. Despite being technically focused in SEO, you will still understand how content, outreach and on-page SEO fits in to the mix, occasionally being active in these elements too. You will build and be responsible for a global SEO forecast as well as having a clear strategy and data points to measure the impact changes you make.
- Creating a global SEO strategy for core company brands (UK, US, Asia)
- Use industry best-in-class tools (SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Moz etc) and understand these tools and how they will aid the business.
- Intuitive understanding that in 2019, SEO is complex and is all about merging analytics, content strategy, outreach / PR and influencers, thus it is important to be cross functional in nature - having an eye on how other channels can help you but how you can help them.
- Understanding that company-wide marketing collaboration is essential to making SEO work.
- You will obviously have a passion for SEO and be curious and at the forefront as the digital industry evolves, ensuring your knowledge is never out of date.
- Experienced at building and driving SEO strategy across a global brand, with proven experience in outcomes based in data and campaign goals to measure the impact of your work.
- You will have a proven strong technical SEO knowledge, not relying on third party audits to discover technical issues.
- You will have worked in a business with international websites, ideally the US, Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- You should have strong knowledge of technical SEO, usability and content-related aspects of a website and how this impacts natural search visibility, specifically: HTML, CSS, JS and how it impacts SEO; On-page SEO elements; Mobile SEO - mobile web.
- Organic/natural search algorithm principles and latest market developments.
- Experience working with a variety of different technical and business intelligence SEO tools.
What will you get in return?
- The chance to take ownership over an SEO function within a leading notable brand in the luxury travel space.
- Progression: You will have every chance to progress to senior manager level and the chance to develop a team, through good performance.
- Competitive basic Salary
- Discounted Travel / Holidays
- Free on-site gym membership
- Excellent, diverse, sociable culture.