News Editor, Partnerships
Haymarket Media Group is a global media, data information and analytics company. Our purpose is to create trusted, premium specialist media brands that build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations.
Partnerships Bulletin, P3 Bulletin and Projects Bulletin are the only business-to-business information and data providers focused exclusively on public-private partnership projects in infrastructure around the world. Partnerships Bulletin and P3 Bulletin provide daily news as well as quarterly magazines giving those working in the marketplace the latest information and insight into the sector, while Projects Bulletin tracks all the latest deals and project progression.
Alongside daily news, monthly magazines and regular online analysis and industry commentary, we also publish longer, in-depth reports into particular sectors of the industry, such as higher education, the Net Zero agenda and contract expiry. These reports bring together analysis from our database with industry expertise and views to drill down into the specific sector.
Having been recently acquired by Haymarket Business Media, we are building for growth and are looking to develop and expand our current operations.
Deputy Editor job description
- Daily news gathering and writing – researching and writing on-diary and off-diary news stories for our daily e-news bulletins for both Partnerships Bulletin and P3 Bulletin
- A focus on being the first with the news and consistently breaking news stories ahead of the competition
- Covering news and features across the world to produce content for our two brands: P3 Bulletin covering the Americas, and Partnerships Bulletin focused on Europe, Asia, Asia Pac and Africa
- Cultivating and maintaining a strong contacts list that will enable you to produce exclusive content and breaking news stories
- Researching and writing news analysis and feature articles, bringing together a wide range of industry views to inform the content
- Creating and developing feature article ideas
- Proofreading news and feature articles
- Using information contained in our database to produce long-form reports on particular sectors within the industry, offering detailed analysis of the statistics supported by expert commentary
- Covering industry events, writing news and feature articles
- Hosting/chairing panel sessions, Q&As, roundtables at Partnerships/P3 Bulletin events
- Some international travel, both to develop editorial content and to support events. Travel will particularly be required between the UK and the US.
- Strong sense of news and recognising what makes a good story
- Ability to write at speed and with accuracy, with an eye for detail in how articles are put together
- A desire to meet new people and develop a strong contacts list; confidence and the ability to generate a rapport when speaking to senior directors at major companies
- Willingness to work across a range of areas within a small team
- Brings an analytical approach to writing longer form articles
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the innovation, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with integrity and respect: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!