Account Manager, Commercial
Haymarkets Motoring team operates within “pods”, defined by the different agencies in the market. These pods consist of a Senior Account Director, Account Manager, and Campaign Manager. As part of the Haymarket Motoring team, the Account Managers role is pivotal to driving our commercial success, accelerating best commercial practice and ensuring our clients receive best in class customer support.
As part of this pod, and specifically as the Account Manager your primary function is to build on existing business by utilising our digital and press executions as well as managing creative content partnerships. You will be assisted by the Senior Agency Lead to develop your own capabilities in the role in line with our overall commercial objectives.
As part of the Display Ad Agency team, you will work closely with internal and external stakeholders acting as the sales conduit between our reporting, analytics and campaign delivery functions
- Maximise revenue for the Motoring Portfolio, both in press and online, from your assigned agencies.
- You will be responsible for and measured on client growth and retention.
- Constantly look at how you can 'add value' and improve our offering to all clients.
- Undertake competitor, customer, and market research to put all cutting-edge marketing strategies in front of our clients at regular meetings.
- Understand and use sales tools (to include but not restricted to; TGI; GA; Visual DNA; Lotame; Campaign Reports; ) and industry knowledge, to build out strong sales stories.
- Work with the delivery team to ensure all campaigns are completed on time and in full.
- Build strong external relationships with buyers, assisting them to achieve their marketing goals via actionable insights and recommendations.
- Customer service should be at the core of everything you do.
The Successful Applicant
- A fast thinking dynamic person with a positive attitude able to function under pressure, and an exceptional aptitude for learning, combined with common sense and initiative.
- An individual who has good presentation and public speaking skills, but above all, exemplary relationship building skills.
- An individual that can function both as a team player and in a standalone capacity - able to organise yourself and others around you to a common goal.
- Already experienced in a customer facing/ account management role.
- Digital marketing experience is a distinct advantage but not 'essential.'
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the innovation, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with integrity and respect: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!