Social Media & Content Manager
Our client is a leading infrastructure company providing and developing environmental solutions on a global scale. They have an exciting opportunity for a Social Media & Content Manager to join their marketing team and be responsible for all digital communications and content Their offices are based in central London.
- We are looking for a creative digital content enthusiast who can take full responsibility for giving our digital communications the focus and attention it deserves.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter and with proven experience of managing social media content calendars, including idea generation and content creation.
- You will have a strong understanding of how to tailor content to each social media platform, we use LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Vimeo.
- Previous experience with social media management tools (ideally Hootsuite), content management systems (ideally WordPress) and Google Analytics.
- Both in-house and agency media relations experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal English (including grammar!).
- Knowledge of the defence/energy landscape in the UK is desirable.
What will you do
- Take full responsibility for all of the Group's social media channels and websites, ensuring they are kept up to date.
- Communicate the corporate brand image through rich and written content - creating graphics, ad-hoc videos, capturing photos and finding great stories to tell. This will involve working across the business to request the information or content that you need.
- Social listening - making sure we keep our finger on the pulse with what our clients and investors are saying about us and how and where we need to show up as a brand plus tracking what our competitors are up to.
- You will be aware of the daily news agenda and help to identify proactive opportunities, whilst escalating any emerging issues or concerns appropriately.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure that news and announcements are reflected appropriately across our digital channels (website and social media platforms).
- Support events and campaigns by ensuring there is a strong digital campaign and coverage.
- Putting forward and developing bespoke social media strategies for the Group.
- Provide social media and Google Analytics reports to the Head of Marketing & Communications.
Please send CV and portfolio stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.