Director, Global Social Media
Jo Malone London is a British lifestyle brand known for its unique fragrance portfolio and luxury products for the bath, body and home. Rewriting the rules of perfumery by mixing unexpected combinations of ingredients and providing elegant yet playful concepts where scent is used with abandon, the world of Jo Malone continues to inspire a loyal following.
Jo Malone London joined The Estée Lauder Companies' family of brands in 1999 and is available in over 78 countries and territories.
With a social community of over 5 million consumers globally, the candidate will be responsible for developing robust, integrated global social media strategies across paid and organic that drive engagement and advocacy across platforms and markets whilst staying true to the brands luxury credentials.
Working cooperatively with other internal stakeholders across both the brand and wider Estée Lauder Companies will be central to success. A unique blend of creative instincts, social media marketing aptitude, measurement and executive management skills are paramount.
As Global Social Media Director you will develop and manage a broad strategy to innovate and set industry first social media marketing within the luxury fragrance & lifestyle sector. As part of the Consumer Marketing department this role will work closely with all departments to ensure that social media plans are effectively integrated into brand marketing and paid media efforts. They will partner with key social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter, as well as seek out and develop new and emerging platforms that can help us grow our consumer base and brand.
Understanding how to use social media including paid media to strategically a build brand, create attention and generate advocacy on a global scale is key. In addition, a thorough understanding of the capabilities of social media and its ability to connect with a wide range of audiences and drive the full consumer funnel sits at the core.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Define social strategies and go-to-market plans: Own the development of a strategic social media marketing plan and its associated budget across campaigns (paid & owned) and channels.
- Drive collaboration: Foster strong working relationship with the brands Creative department to ensure the brands content requirements for social media are consistently met
- Manage an innovative social media content calendar across Jo Malone London’s global channels
- Global knowledge: Work alongside regional teams to manage brand accounts on local channels (e.g. Weibo, WeChat, Line)
- Social thought-leader & innovator: Propose innovative campaigns to extend brand presence socially, drive traffic, and increase engagement and loyalty. Mentor and develop global, regional and market teams on social media
- Take pride in accountability: Ensure strategic investment and KPI’S are met
- Social reporting: Oversee and manage social media reporting globally to ensure visibility of content and social metrics.
- Advise on all influencer partnerships in partnership with Global Communications
- Lead the social commerce strategy working with online & broader marketing fuctions
- Act as the guardian of brand equity across social; ensuring that all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of the style, quality and tone of voice.
- Manage the social media team of three individuals. Provide support, direction and coaching to the social media team to maximise their productivity, development and job satisfaction.
- Community management: Define the Customer Care social media strategy in conjunction with the broader Consumer Marketing team
- Manage external agencies and publishing partners as necessary for that which we cannot do internally.
- Unparalleled knowledge of social media
- Drive digital first thinking
- Flexible and professional attitude
- Strategic thinking and planning with a creative flair
- Commercially minded whilst respecting the parameters of luxury • Experience of clearly communicating social expectations (asset specs, copy and execution) with broader teams
- Flexible thinking and agile approach to topical trends and insights
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Champion kindness and the values that embody Jo Malone London
- Collaborative relationships both in Global and at a regional and market level
- Ability to work in the UK
- Oversight across crisis comms and community management
- 8+ years related experience
- Experience managing earned & owned, paid knowledge is essential
- Social media native; strong knowledge of latest trends and technologies
- Global or Regional experience (China experience a bonus)
- Luxury brand/beauty/fashion/entertainment experience ideal but not essential
- Agency and in-house experience preferable