Media Partnerships Manager
Media Partnerships Manager
carwow is looking for a Media Partnerships Manager to join our OEM Team in our London office working on a fully remote basis until September 2021. Beyond this, we’ve introduced a new remote-first flexible working policy which means you’ll work from home for the majority of the week with 1-2 days max in the office (unless you’d like to be in the office more, in which case you are also welcome!)
Let's face it, car buying isn't easy. That's why at carwow, we're leading the mission to make it better, with our vision of helping our customers to be the most informed and empowered car buyers in the world. Since carwow’s inception, we’ve already improved the car buying experience for hundreds of thousands of people, selling cars through our site with a total value of £10.3Bn.
We’re a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with a team of circa 250 based in London, Munich and Madrid and are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs & car manufacturer Daimler (Mercedes-Benz).
However, our ambitions don’t stop there. This year, we are quickly scaling across many areas of our business with huge plans for the future. So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the team
The OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) team was established in 2017 and is one of the fastest growing areas within carwow. The team’s focus is on building close and strategic relationships with all car manufacturers, their media agencies and planning partners. Commercial projects include data-driven, native on-site digital advertising activities, data and audience sales with our partner, Liveramp, and a variety of innovation projects, including branded content to help manufacturers and their agencies reach consumers in a more effective and efficient way.
About the role
Our interactions with media agencies are growing rapidly and we’re keen to support and build these relationships. As a result, we are seeking an outstanding candidate to join the team and build existing, as well as new relationships with media agency partners and their clients. Alongside our current media proposition, the role also comes with the opportunity to help shape the future of our media proposition, and comes at an exciting time as we embark on switching to adserved media
We offer a unique proposition to our partners. We are a relentlessly customer focussed platform, offering media agencies deep insight into customer and brand behaviour. Using this data, we build bespoke, native advertising partnerships, including branded content, to help get key messages across to the right customers, at the right time. We also open up our data and audience segments, allowing media agencies to further hone their activity outside of carwow by implementing enhanced off-site targeting.
About your responsibilities
In this role, you will work closely with the Head of Media to be a key point of contact for media agencies and responsible for building deep, lasting partnerships between both parties. You will be responsible for all things related to media and data for agencies, as well as media proposals for clients.
- Be responsible for delivering advertising revenue targets by focusing on the already well-established pipeline and proactively building successful media proposals for media agency partners and clients directly.
- Develop stronger and more consistent relationships with key media agency partners across their business through frequent review meetings and co-developed processes to achieve an ‘always-on’ position
- Understand and research key performance metrics and strategies by brand to build bespoke data-driven, advertising proposals
- Have experience in standard and rich digital display sales, as well as programmatic advertising as carwow embarks on the next step of its media evolution
- Ensure carwow is always front of mind for Agency Planners, Strategists, Business Directors, as well as Managing Partners with the target of establishing carwow as a core digital partner
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Media to strive for and recommend ways for the continuous improvement of the media proposition, in collaboration with our product and design teams
- Ensure that media agencies are well served and given insightful, clear and timely reporting on ongoing projects for media agencies and clients
About the requirements
This role requires someone with bags of drive, confidence and the ambition to grow with a fast scaling department and business. You will be used to owning big projects and balancing both short term opportunities and a longer term strategic view for your area. You’ll take a hands-on approach to supporting the exponential growth aspirations of carwow.
You need to:
- Be adaptable - our media agency proposition is tailored, native and data-driven - it’s more than just selling standard IAB formats. Our product and ideas stand out from the crowd, you should too
Have knowledge of the media agency world - ideally with strong experience working as an Account Manager or similar role within an agency, or working closely with media agencies in a publisher/media owner ecosystem
- Be confident in owning and executing your own contact and prospecting strategy to build new relationships from scratch. You'll have the freedom to build these relationships and strategies as you see fit - we want an ambitious person who can put carwow media on the map
- Have a successful track record in closing and delivering large, advertising deals with a customer and data centric approach
- Comfortable with handling & analysing data, and a profile that enjoys a data-driven sales environment
- Be a team player who is comfortable with collaborating at all levels and is always happy to take on board feedback to develop their skills
- Personality-wise you’ll be polished, hands-on, energetic and a real self-starter who enjoys autonomy and delivering results
- Be highly articulate and be comfortable thinking on your feet, especially with senior decision-makers
- Be confident, possess a can-do attitude and enjoy developing and selling new solutions
- Be a lateral thinker, able to approach a task multiple ways until the outcome is achieved
- Have an understanding of consumer verticals, ideally the automotive sector, but not essential.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve
- Financial: Private pension scheme, salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Flexible working: For those that want to, you'll be able to work from home for the majority of the week, with up to 1-2 days max in the office. You’ll be eligible for a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home. We also have a new ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it.
- Office: When we are in the office, a dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here).
- Health: Private medical health insurance, subsidised gym membership, free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, coffee with the exec sessions, culture club, social events (currently virtual)
With people from over 25 different nationalities already part of our team, at carwow we strongly believe a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company with a broader perspective. We are committed to creating a team where anybody can thrive regardless of their background. Wherever you’re from, whatever you believe, all we ask is that you have drive and share our company values (you can view them here).