Global Account Director
We think big. And act bigger. Stay versatile and interconnected. We approach everything with an inventive spirit and rigorous mindset. Individually we’re great, but as a team we’re unstoppable. Together, we seek out opportunities, frame problems and solve complex challenges. Our collective brilliance exposes breakthroughs. Our capability unleashes creativity. We pursue a new perspective and deliver a new kind of ROI.
Zenith Global are the central team, primarily based in London, supporting our local Zenith markets, leading new business efforts, developing thought-leadership, and driving network development for our 250 offices across 95 countries with over 8,000 staff worldwide.
We house a large team of multi-faceted communications planners, digital and innovation specialists and client leadership teams. Our global client portfolio comprises a range of category leaders including Reckitt, TikTok, Edrington, Coty, Electrolux and Nestlé.
Coty is one of the world’s leading beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, a rich entrepreneurial heritage and an iconic portfolio of leading brands. They are the global leader in fragrances, with the number two position in salon hair and number three in colour cosmetics. They are one of Publicis’ top global clients with over 40 markets as part of our network to date.
Coty has an iconic portfolio of more than 50 brands organised by:
- Luxury (e.g. Kylie, Gucci, Burberry, Calvin Klein, Chloé, Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu).
- Consumer Beauty, including cosmetics, hair, skin and body care (e.g. Max Factor, Rimmel, Cover Girl, Sally Hansen, Adidas).
Coty’s Global team, serviced directly by the Zenith HQ team you will be joining, is based in London.
About the team:
Right now is an exciting time to join the Global Coty team within Zenith WW. Within the past four months, we have taken on all Digital capabilities for Coty, and in July 2020 we will have transitioned the Global Consumer Beauty Strategy division from New York City to London.
We are also a new team that is removing the hierarchical barriers often found in agency life. The slate is clean and we are truly crafting a team we hope will be a destination client within the Zenith WW organisation, known for delivering quality/cutting-edge work, for growing its team members, and for having a strong comradery between its team members and our clients. And even in these uncertain times, with a bit of hard work, we are confident we can achieve all of the above!
Coty is a large and complex business supported by Zenith in 45+ markets with the central HQ based in London. This role therefore requires a person who is agile and responsive to meet the ever-changing needs of a fast-paced business.Job Description
As Global Account Director, you will join the Consumer Beauty team for the Coty account, based in London at Zenith’s HQ. You will report directly to the Business Director and also work very closely with Strategy Director in delivering great product to Coty Global Consumer Beauty team and deploying the guidelines to the Zenith network across the globe. You will also engage with Digital and Influencer Marketing specialists on daily basis.
The broader Consumer Beauty Media team also include Network operations team who operates across both Consumer Beauty and Luxury and report into the same Business Director.
- You will be a key member of the Consumer Beauty team and right hand to Business Director.
- You are expected to run this function almost independently working in partnership with Strategy Director ensuring the smooth running of overall operations and delivery of SOW.
- You are also expected to work with the Zenith network and have ongoing engagement with key Coty markets (US, Germany, UK, Russia, Poland being top 5).
- You will have to build close relationship with Coty team and become first point of contact to two DIRECTORS MEDIA SRATEGY & PLANNING (EMEA, AMAPAC).
- You will also be engaged with external partners and colleagues across various disciplines within Publicis Media and Publicis Groupe.
The Global Account Director’s role will be responsible, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the Consumer Beauty team.
- Has accountability and responsibility for quality of work, process, relationship and consistency in global media approach across Zenith Network.
- Ensures network alignment to Local CB SOW and responsible for compliance, processes and operations.
- Global Media Guidelines deployment.
- Supports Strategy team to drive business smart and consumer centric strategic guidelines creation, to deploy GMG ensuring the adherence to the guidelines.
- Lead the development of QBRs.
- Deployment of Sufficiency workstream (revisions of the process and scorecards if required).
- Industry & GCB unique POV’s identification and oversight of the development and deployment.
- Key vendors meeting facilitation and leadership.
- Supports Business Director in identifying and introducing Publicis Groupe opportunities for GCB.
- Serves as escalation point for local market challenges or queries.
- Builds close relationships and provides ongoing support to TOP 5 GCB markets (US, UK, DE, PL, RU).
- Commercial aspects of the business, putting together SOW and commercial proposals.
- You will have Account Manager and Account Executive who will report into you and whose development will be your direct responsibility. Both roles are new and will require ongoing support and ensuring they are led by example.
- Be a true team player at all times, willing and ready to support your immediate and broader team.
- Take the lead on day-to-day account running and proactively help to drive efficiencies in daily tasks.
- Ensure your team are aware of key work streams, updates or challenges.
- Lead weekly internal and client status meetings as well as other internal meetings and external meetings and ensure next steps are actioned across the team.
- Proactively propose improved processes and ways of working.
- Take an active role in learning about the Coty business and beauty marketplace.
- Keep up-to-date on beauty, digital and marketplace developments to ensure knowledge of key areas of focus for the client is always up to date.
- Lead the prep and content development for client meetings, working with the Global Business Director.
- Build close relationship with Coty team and become first point of contact to two Directors - Media Strategy & Planning
- Ensure all client deliverables are completed to the highest standard and delivered on time.
The client is based in Amsterdam and Paris and you are expected to travel to these locations minimum 4 times per year. Other trips to be scheduled as required. Most likely, no more than 1 trip per month. Although, as much notice as possible will be given in advance of the trip and Publicis Media provides some flexibility to working parents, some of the meetings might be on a short notice, but in these cases we will try to have as a one day trip without overnight stay. All travels are subject to Covid-19 rules and might be reduced or cancelled.Qualifications
You will be:
- Knowledgeable in all media channels, experience within a media agency working ideally on both local and global sides of the business is desirable.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise, with exceptional organisational skills, even when under pressure.
- Able to both lead some work streams as well as take direction as part of a team.
- A confident and adaptable communicator.
- Driven, ambitious and proactive about your own career development.
- Able to understand how individual work streams contribute to Coty business and be able to challenge the brief couple of levels up (Why? What does it mean for the business?) to get to the point of certain client asks
- Able to identify when to escalate potential issues before they become a problem.
- A total team player, committed to the collective success of the entire Coty team and network.
- Positive and well-informed, able to think quickly on your feet!
- Keen on new challenges and able to operate in a changing and flexible environment.
- Strong written and oral skills - able to come across clearly and succinctly in email or over the phone.
- Strong analytical skills and able to understand and interpret data; to identify trends, opportunities and make strategic arguments.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to quickly spot mistakes and inconsistencies in data.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in managing other people.
- Experience in media and specifically global network management, is valued, though not essential.
- Commercial knowledge.
At Zenith Global, we believe that fostering an inclusive culture where all talent can thrive makes our company stronger and help drive invention in the work we do for our clients better. We also believe it enables a greater idea exchange that fuels innovation and best reflects diverse consumer experiences.
We are committed to encouraging our talent to participate in Publicis Groupe’s wide variety of talent engagement and inclusion programming, which includes professional development experiences and participation in the company’s many business resource groups. These include VivaWomen!, Égalité, MOCA (Men Of Colour Alliance) and more than a dozen others that are thriving across our network.
Through advocacy, education and inclusion we foster greater collaboration among our people, which in turn inspires work that provides better experiences for our clients and their consumers.