Business Development Manager, Medical Digital Education
Haymarket Media Group is a global media, data information and analytics company. Our purpose is to create trusted, premium specialist media brands that build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations.
The role of Business Development Manager, Digital Education within the Haymarket Medical team is a new role that has been developed to manage growth within the Haymarket Medical division. This is considered an important role with a vital impact on the long term revenue potential of the department. Your role is to develop and manage established and new accounts for pharmaceutical companies, particularly in secondary care, with bespoke education work based on content generation or hosting existing content on our education platform, MIMS Learning.
Your experience in managing key accounts will be key to the representation of Haymarket Medical as a provider of high quality educational content and provider of an educational platform for all healthcare professionals with guaranteed reach and engagement.
- Professionally represent Haymarket Medical internally and externally
- On bespoke projects, take complete responsibility for the commercial success of your accounts, working with the editorial team on content development and the project management team on delivery
- Work creatively and in a forward thinking manner build new relationships with pharmaceutical companies with a secondary care portfolio in key clinical areas to demonstrate the benefits of the MIMS Learning education platform
- Work professionally and commercially with Heads of PR agencies and medical communication agencies to develop their partnership and recommendation of all content generated for clients to be hosted on the Haymarket Medical educational platform.
- Report to the Commercial Director on your accounts and educational partnerships, and highlight any changes in Haymarket’s relationship with these key clients.
- Explore new budget areas for content hosting and partnerships other than those already identified.
- Work on allocated accounts and build your own database of contacts within each account to work with on educational hosting and content creation. Create new accounts, and build deeper relationships with existing contacts to drive recommendation and referral.
- Create your own business and sales plan for developing educational partnerships. and keep updated. This should be used for monthly forecasting.
- Be responsible for delivery of your assigned monthly, quarterly and yearly KPIs and sales targets
- Create engaging and appropriate client proposals and costings, demonstrating agreed levels of contribution for Haymarket Medical
- Ensure that business is maintained and growth is recognized with your key accounts. Build bespoke content development work with new accounts where potential is recognized by the pharma direct client team.
- Establish yourself as an integral part of your key account marketing teams and be able to demonstrate why MIMS Learning should be their chosen digital education platform supplier for a full range of medical education materials and effectively pitch and position all of our content generation expertise
- Work with the Haymarket Medical management team to develop revenue generating and revenue sharing solutions for educational partnerships
- Work with the clinical editorial team to develop new ideas for specific clients and ensure editorial integrity and maximize opportunities for content partnerships
- For bespoke project work, outline client objectives to editorial and project management teams to create the best solutions for the client
- Work with Commercial Director to ensure revenue and commercial function of allocated accounts and partnerships are profitable and within budget/forecast
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the innovation, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with integrity and respect: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!